Free Speech and Icke...

Michael_3165

So David Icke has gotten himself kicked off of YouTube and Facebook for making false claims about 5G and covid. 

There has been outrage on Twitter about this saying he has had his freedom of speech impinged on. 

Simple question... do you believe that freedom of speech should also include the right to use social media platforms to spread a message? 

Personally I believe that his speech isn't being stopped. He can go to speakers corner in London and say what he likes. He can open his own website and stream stuff directly there. He hasn't been arrested for his views. He has the ability to say what he likes, but he also has a responsibility. Every right has a responsibility - if you say stupid or untrue shit you will be called out on it. 

Thoughts?

I don't know how many times it needs to be said, being booted from a social media site does not in any way, shape, or (reptilian) form, have anything to do with curtailing free speech.  And, to save Astro the bother...

Your right to swing your fist ends at my face.

Your right to speak freely is accompanied by  responsibly for your words.  Icke promotes fake news that endangers lives, and private companies would be liable for that if they continued to enable him.

He can spout all the shit he wants on his own crazy website.

Fuck Icke but also fuck Youtube, they've got a pretty bad history for silencing people and not just those who spout dangerous views like ol' antisemite Dave. there was a time a few years back when they were aggressively demonetising and limiting the reach of LGBT content, regardless of what the video actually was.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences. 

Act like a knobber, get treated like a knobber. 

People don't get treated like knobbers enough, unfortunately. #GlinnerIsABigot is currently trending on Twitter because Graham Linehan is *still* allowed to peddle his transphobic twaddle on there despite having a police caution for it.

• Paid Members

Aye, in normal society his absolute horror show on Newsnight would be the end of him and his career but we are through the looking glass now. 

I was reading an article about noted sex offender and absolute shithead Dr Disrespect is peddling 5g shite on Twitch now. Should never have been allowed back on after filming people in the toilets.