Viral Resolutions

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

With a sudden abundance of free time I've decided to do some hobbies I've never got round to. With YouTube almost any hobby is easy to start now. I've seen others say similar so let's use this thread to check on all these boondoggles. 

I've taken up watercolours. I've dabbled in it before but I now have the excuse to commit time to it. This Japanese guy is an inspiration. 

I tried this one:

20200317_090830_copy_1008x567.thumb.jpg.6ab7dc86418a757ab53bf51085b2d8d8.jpg

Crap, but a start. 

I've also dusted off my 30 year old keyboard. I've picked up the keyboard so many times and not made progress. This guy is a bit of a knob but his teaching techniques really do it for me. I've managed Adele's Someone Like You this week:

What's everyone else doing with their time? (Wanking doesn't count). 

On 3/28/2020 at 11:13 AM, johnnyboy said:

I'm wanking a lot, well more than usual.

I've almost lost a stone already.

Blimey.

(Edit: This post of mine is a dire consequence of skim reading. It was made with the rushed assumption that the second sentence, which I'd first seen quoted on its own in a congratulatory reply, was one of celebration. I should have read the rest of the original post, or at least the relevant paragraph, to pick up the real tone of it. To be clear, the ill-fated intention was, as ever, to laugh with my fellow poster, not at them, and I'm truly sorry for any and all upset caused.)

Edited by Uncle Zeb
Mortified.

• Awards Moderator
28 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Blimey.

Johnnyboy has liked that comment because he's a nice guy. I think it's bang out of order. He comments about losing weight and you make a masturbation joke? Not funny. 

• Awards Moderator

I’ve started writing. I don’t mean like a kid with a biro doing cursive for the first time, but I’ve been doing all kinds. Nothing I’ll ever share with anyone, but it’s been such a great distraction and has helped me get my head in gear.

Recommend it to anyone who’s bored, missing the footy, had enough of Netflix etc. It’s really therapeutic.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

36 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Johnnyboy has liked that comment because he's a nice guy. I think it's bang out of order. He comments about losing weight and you make a masturbation joke? Not funny. 

Totally fair point. I didn't read the post properly and now see the context wasn't appropriate at all. Apologies @johnnyboy, hope you're doing better soon.

1 hour ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I’ve started writing. I don’t mean like a kid with a biro doing cursive for the first time, but I’ve been doing all kinds. Nothing I’ll ever share with anyone, but it’s been such a great distraction and has helped me get my head in gear.

Recommend it to anyone who’s bored, missing the footy, had enough of Netflix etc. It’s really therapeutic.

Please share if you feel confident enough. I've started writing again as well. Few football articles I've sent off (if they're published I'll pop the links up here), the loose start of a book (I'll be battling Soapdish for the 1,000,000 place spot before he knows it) and polishing a sitcom draft that me and a friend starred years ago.

@Chest Rockwellbeat the other day even inspired me to knock up a few bars after 20 year's in retirement.

Will any of it see the light of day? Probably not but you've got to keep your brain sharp.

23 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

I'm watching every episode of Seinfeld again. It's as great as I thought it would be. 

Careful Butch, last time I did this I became obsessed with what tapes Jerry had on his shelf (see the Seinfeld thread and add to if you can)

2 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Child's Play always jumps out at me. 

On 8/9/2019 at 12:16 AM, SuperBacon said:

As I have no life, whilst I’m rewatching again, I’ve been taking note of the VHS tapes that Jerry has in his apartment:

Arachnophobia, Goodfellas, two copies of True Colours, Childs Play 2, Pretty Woman, Back to the Future 3, The Crying Game, The Hunt For Red October, a Benny Hill take, a golfing tape, a World Cup tape, and copies of Sim City and Tetris for his computer.

He also has at any one time, 11 different cereals. 

Jerry's clearly a psychopath (sorry for derailing lads)