Viral Resolutions

Onyx2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

@Chest Rockwellbeat the other day even inspired me to knock up a few bars after 20 year's in retirement.

Will any of it see the light of day? Probably not but you've got to keep your brain sharp.

That's good to hear. It will motivate me to keep it up. Let me know if you want a version where the beat runs longer so it's better for writing...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

[I've] bought an unglodly amount of art work from stay at home cons to support artists I love as their con income streams were torn out from under them.  I don't have enough wall space for 1/10th of it so everyone's getting art prints for Christmas 

That's awesome of you JB, you're a good Au for sure.

23 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

That's good to hear. It will motivate me to keep it up. Let me know if you want a version where the beat runs longer so it's better for writing...

If I can work out a way of actually recording my vocals, you may all be in for an isolation treat.

MC Baconbits doesn't play around bruh.

7 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

As a white guy in his 30s, does this mean I have to start a podcast now?

Yes. It's the law. I'm actually trying to start one with my kids as part of their schooling. Thought it'd be a fun thing for them to do.

Will pop a link up when I've figured out if I can do it.

• Paid Members

I started running and exercising proper on Monday. I’ve mostly been relatively short/weedy (contrary to my UKFF alias) but over the last five years, moving to London and working inconsistent shift patterns, late shifts etc and borderline abusing the takeaway industry, my metabolism has given up on me and my gut is expanding rapidly. I’m already asthmatic and that wasn’t helping at all. 

I downloaded Couch To 5K and I picked Michael Johnson’s voice to guide me. Mrs Facesitter and I had a nice walk on Sunday and I used to it make a vague route plan. Had the first run on Monday morning, and despite the nice weather and the relatively straightforward first itinerary (five minute walk warm-up walk, 60-second run, 90-second walk, repeat the cycle eight times)...Finished me. I thought my stomach was going to burst, every muscle in my body felt like it was being jabbed with a pair of scissors. 

Wednesday was slightly better, same routine, but I didn’t come away from it feeling like I could carry on, or get this mystical ‘runner’s high’ etc. I said to myself I would complete week one and then I would park it. 

On Friday, same routine, I felt brilliant when I finished. Nothing seriously ached, I wasn’t out of breath, and for the rest of the day I felt nicely energised and had my most productive day working from home since it started. I’m a little undecided about whether I’ll continue it purely because my other half is concerned about me accidentally picking up the virus while I’m out and about or getting injured while hospitals etc are overloaded, but I’ll definitely be picking it up when the things calm down.

Has anyone found any indoor fitness routines that are working well for them? I have a small gym mat but no weights/band etc, so I’m snooping around for a good indoor fitness routine that’s preferably not presented by a Joe Wicks just to keep me going. 

Also well in @johnnyboy 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Yes. It's the law. I'm actually trying to start one with my kids as part of their schooling. Thought it'd be a fun thing for them to do.

Will pop a link up when I've figured out if I can do it.

Fuck sake. I don't want to but in these troubling times we all have to do our part, I guess.

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

I downloaded Couch To 5K and I picked Michael Johnson’s voice to guide me

I started this and just finished week 5. It gets easier, I promise. If you're finding it hard, just repeat the week again. 

I thought I'd be mullered doing the solid 20 minute run this week but the difficulty was all mental. My brain just saying 'time to stop now' when I physically had lots more to give. I slowed to shuffle pace but found myself magically speeding up again a few seconds later. This from someone who hates running passionately, but I find the space to think extremely useful. 

I've gone with Sarah Millican ("just sixty more seconds flower.") 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

It's all good.

On a resolution front I've (re)subscribed to a few Patreons (not naked lady ones, although I was tempted) and bought an unglodly amount of art work from stay at home cons to support artists I love as their con income streams were torn out from under them.  I don't have enough wall space for 1/10th of it so everyone's getting art prints for Christmas :)  I'm not sure that my 75 year old aunt is going to really love the Rey from The Last Jedi print but she can always betroth it to me in her will.

Done something very similar. Not a huge con goer but had a couple planned for this year so spent most of what expected to art.