Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

20 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Far left is the actual directly elected mayor. Far right is the Lord Mayor, a councillor taking her turn in a ceremonial role who enjoys wearing the garb far too much. She should have Mr T-style 170-year-old chains as well, but they recently got nicked. 

Kurtan was right. Bristol is a shithole.

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Surprised at the agility of it. Would make a good, albeit slow, getaway vehicle.

Surely the main purpose of any getaway vehicle is speed?

Plus you are limited to crimes within walking distance of a canal or drive from a freshly robbed bank before downgrading your car for a much slower getaway barge, thus risking the embarrassment of the Rozzers dawdling down the side of the canal bank, saying "After you have closed the lock gates, just return the money you sad twat!". 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

You fix his dish?

Just twirled the aerial on top of his old telly.

No it was called dark side of fame or something. It was the BBC version of Life Stories and I worked on 3 episodes. Chantelle from Big Brother, Jim Davidson and Bruce Jones aka Les Battersby. I wasn’t allowed to go to LA to film the Pamela Anderson episode as they used local crew unfortunately 

• Paid Members

The scenes in america are fucking scary. 

Trump tweeting urging people to liberate their states is about as stupid as it gets. Fuck knows how badly this will end up over there now. 

LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Maybe one for the recent coding thread, but I’m now turning in for the day having started at just after 6am. 

We received a call from our biggest client the afternoon before (they take on government contracts) saying they needed us to write an online emergency loan application and management system to support Covid victims and we’ve got just shy of 1 week to do it. I’ve been waiting for such a call, and am actually surprised it’s only just come now.

I’m leading a team of four to try and get it done and in the 20 years I’ve been doing this for a living, I’ve never known for so much being needed to be done in such little time, or with so much importance. I’m not complaining, nowhere near, as I know I’m one of the very lucky ones in all this, safely tucked away at home with a job whilst others have either lost theirs or are putting their life on the line each day to do the job they still have. I would be lying, however, if I said we weren’t feeling the pressure of the situation as this has made everything feel that much more real.

Knowing how these things work, we know the spec will change almost hourly and trying to keep up with that is as tougher ask as it is to get something built with confidence in the time we have.

Are you using Cobol? They've been having major issues in America with similar systems that are still using the outdated Cobol.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:05 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Florida have re-opened their Beaches today. I believe this was the guy who made the decision 

image.thumb.jpeg.0261ed31d79c7eef7f3b6897a9dca461.jpeg

He was still mayor in the 2nd film, so he was doing something right.

• Paid Members

And the article without a paywall here. Just horrific stuff https://archive.is/20200418182037/https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-38-days-when-britain-sleepwalked-into-disaster-hq3b9tlgh

In personal news my Dad had heart failure on his right side. There are 4 things they can do to try and get it working again. 3 have not worked so trying the 4th and waiting to hear more. I’m getting this information from my brother who is devastated so it may not make any sense. All I know is if a major organ is not working that’s not good news.