Studio Ghibli

Devon Malcolm

1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Cheers for that @SuperBacon, sounds interesting. I’m assuming it’ll be available for a little while afterwards if you can’t watch live

Yeah I believe so, as it mentions YouTube live chat and the one I saw recently through Eventbrite on Maradona was pretty much available straight away on there.

My 11yo said can she ask why How Do You Live is taking so long to make? 😂

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

It's weird that it's being reported as "he's coming out of retirement again!", when he's been working on that film since 2017, but I guess it's just him starting to do the media rounds and that being the easiest way to sell it. 

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

Watched Whisper of the Heart yesterday, one of the few Ghiblis I hadn't seen. Absolutely loved it. Ridiculous that they have made films as beautiful as this and it's still not quite top tier for their studio.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the email about that this morning. We’re in London during its opening week, but I don’t know if I’m going to be able to convince the wife to see it as we’re already booked doing a bunch of things. Hopefully it tours at some point.

Something that seemed to fly under the radar when it was announced, Hulu are going to be streaming the Spirited Away stage adaptation on July 3rd and 4th, the final two dates of the show’s Japan tour from Nagoya. I would expect it to appear in the usual internet places a day or so later

Edited by WyattSheepMask

There is no way my two won't want to go and see that ffs. Could be glorious or dreadful. 

Watched Porco Rosso last night. Loved it. Porco is one of the coolest characters in the Ghibli world, so massive thumbs up.

Also watched The Wind Rises a few weeks back which I thought was really beautiful, and whilst not as "magical" as other well known Ghibli films, was just as heartfelt.

• 6 months later...