Worst in Wrestling 2019 NOMINATIONS

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

WWE has been well off it's game this year so we should be drowning in nominations.

You can nominate until 11th January.

Please nominate up to three choices for each of the following awards, clearly stating the specific award your nominations are for.

If you want to give reasons or arguments why you've made your picks, please do.

Worst pro wrestler - any male or female singles wrestler or tag team applies here

Worst match of the year

Worst Event

Biggest letdown (Anticlimax of the Year)

Stupidest Moment of the Year

Edited by Onyx2

Worst wrestler

1. King Corbin - The most over-pushed wrestler in years. Dull, an awful promo and average at best in the ring. The only compliment I can really give him is that Smackdown wouldn’t only be marginally better without him. 

2. Dolph Ziggler - he could have a match-if-the-year quality bout and I wouldn’t be able to enjoy it because he’s stale at a level I’ve never seen in a wrestler before. That’s a huge problem.

3. Brandi Rhodes - She seems to have transitioned into a managerial role, but I have to recognise the abomination that is The Nightmare Collective somehow. 

Worst event

1. WWE Smackdown on Fox: The Draft - Everything about this was embarrassing, and it marked the start of a consistently abysmal weekly wrestling programme.

Biggest letdown

1. Smackdown’s move to Fox - Sport like presentation, they said, Fox has exciting new ideas, they said...I’m amazed that anyone watches this utterly abysmal show. 

2. AEW - Don’t get me wrong, AEW has it’s bright spots. Worryingly though, it feels like there are less and less of them each week. If they don’t listen and adapt, this show may very well end up struggling to keep its timeslot on TNT.

3. Kofi Kingston as WWE champion - his run was poor, and I’m not completely sure how much of that was his fault and how much of that was WWE’s fault. Whatever the case, this was very underwhelming.

Stupidest moment of the year

1. The decision to insert Charlotte into the Wrestlemania main event - WWE had the match. Ronda vs Becky, organically hot and the clear and obvious choice to close this show. The first women’s match to close Wrestlemania could have been so much more meaningful and exciting than it was.

2. ‘Call me Shorty G’ - I mean...come on...

3. WWE Draft on Fox, the execution - they managed to make the picks in the same order as their online listings, then when they realised that opted to pick Alexa Bliss and Nicki Cross individually to try and fix this huge blunder. Then you had the over-the-too celebrations, the robot, and the promise of celebs who never actually turned up.

Worst pro wrestler - Britt Baker, Lacey Evans, Dana Brooke

Worst match of the year: Seth Rollins Bs Bray Wyatt Hell In A Cell

Worst Event: Crown Jewel

Stupidest Moment of the Year: Having fake execs during the draft marking out whenever they made a pick.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator

Worst pro wrestler

Marko Stunt - I love Jurassic Express but Marko can get to fuck. It’s not even his fault, it’s the fact that guys like Pentagon and Proud & Powerful are selling for him that makes him the worst. And he’s almost as small as Travis Banks

King Corbin - even The Rock couldn’t make me interested 

Lacey Evans - far too prominent on the shows. From her random walk-ins to main eventing with Becky Lynch. No thank you 

Worst match of the year

Undertaker vs Goldberg, Saudi Shitshow - I love them both but I wish this match had never happened

Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano, whichever Takeover you like - where the ever-escalating near falls and kick outs crossed a line into parody for me

Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair vs Ronda Rousey, WrestleMania - could have been great, and really wasn’t (see also Survivor Series main event)

Worst Event

Royal Rumble - Becky losing clean to Asuka then being stuck in the Rumble. A dull as fuck men’s Rumble where Nia Jax was number 30. A bad show.

Spring Saudi Shitshow - I assume the undercard was as bad as the main event 

AEW - I wasn’t expecting a game changer but I was hoping for something different . I still like it though!

Kenny Omega in America - not the megastar I thought he’d become

Kurt Angle’s retirement - Corbin? Really? 

Excalibur assuming everyone knew who the Butcher and the Blade were

“Call me Shorty G”

Seth Rollins screaming in terror at The Fiend

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Worst pro wrestler - Baron Corbin, Britt Baker

Worst match of the year - Taker/Goldberg by miles. Fury/Strowman.

Worst Event - Both Saudi Shitshows

Biggest letdown (Anticlimax of the Year) - Smackdown on Fox, Kenny Omega

Stupidest Moment of the Year - Seconding Shorty G and making the mania main event a triple threat. Continuing to run Saudi. Booking Fury and Velasquez in matches.

• Paid Members

Worst pro wrestler

Britt Baker, Brandi Rhodes, The Fiend

Worst match of the year

Jordan Devlin vs Finn Balor (NXT-UK Takeover: Blackpool), The Fiend vs Seth Rollins (Hell In A Cell), Michael Nakazawa Vs Alex Jebailey (AEW Fyter Fest)

Worst Event

Crown Jewel, Super Showdown

Kofi Kingston losing the title to Brock Lesnar, Brock Lesnar wining the MITB match, the WWE roster not making a bigger fuss over that Saudi debacle

Kenny Omega's Undertale video, Kenny Omega's barbed wire broom, NWA publish a heartfelt video about Jim Cornette after he left

Worst pro wrestler - Bobby Lashley, Undertaker (as much as it pains me to say it).

Worst match of the year - Goldberg vs Taker, Fiend vs Rollins at Hell in a Cell, Brock vs Cain Velasquez

Worst Event - Hell in a Cell. Royal Rumble. Saudi Showdown or whatever it was called.

Biggest letdown (Anticlimax of the Year) - Kofi's reign ending in 9 seconds. Sami Zayn being reduced to Nakamura's cheerleader.

Stupidest Moment of the Year - Seth Rollins vs Fiend in the cell ending with 'referee stoppage'. The idiot who attacked Bret at the Hall of Fame - I mean, how did he think that was going to end?

• Paid Members

Worst pro wrestler - Joey Janela, The Dark Order, Bray Wyatt

Worst match of the year

Wyatt Vs Rollins in the cell, Gargano Vs Cole (the second one), Private Party Vs Lucha Bros

Worst Event

The Saudi Shit shows. Also the Smackdown draft episode if it counts. 

Biggest letdown (Anticlimax of the Year)

Smackdown/Raw draft being a total mess.

Kenny Omega not coming across as the star we were promised. 

Taker Vs Goldberg. Could have been a great 2 minutes. Instead it was a dreadful 8 and a half. 

The red lighting, Seth Rollins trying to be the voice of the WWE on twitter, Seth Rollins crying at the sight of Bray Wyatt. 

Worst pro wrestler - Bea Priestly. 

Worst match of the year - I don't know his name but the Aew match with Micheal nakazawa and some non wrestler. 

Worst Event any Saudi shitshow

Biggest letdown (Anticlimax of the Year) Kenny Omega in AEW, kinda AEW though I still like it. 

Stupidest Moment of the Year-  The fucking red lighting. 

Worst pro wrestler - Shane McMahon- The Best in the World gimmick was harmless fun before they took it for real.

Baron Corbin - Him, Dolph and Lacey completely killed the title scene post-Mania. They’re still all over Smackdown which is one of the reasons I binned it.

Lacey Evans - Honestly think she’s got more upside than anyone in the division. The forced gimmick and overpush kill her dead.

Worst match of the year - Shane vs Roman Reigns. Fuck off Shane.

Lucha Bro. Vs Private Party - AEW at its dirt worst.

Goldberg vs Taker. Nuff said.

Worst Event - Saudi shitshow, WrestleMania.

Biggest letdown (Anticlimax of the Year) Becky Lynch and their utter failure to build on her popularity.

Roman Reigns. Fumbled again.

Smackdown on Fox. Lol. Probably the worst regular show they’ve ever produced.

Stupidest Moment of the Year - Seth Vs The Fiend and HITC. Soon as the match graphic was revealed you could see the corner they’d painted themselves into and was just imagining which ridiculous ways they were gonna fuck it. Didn’t disappoint.

Lesnar beats Kofi Kingston in seven seconds. God knows what it’s like to be a young Kofi fan. Invest in someone for all that time only to flush it down the toilet. Ridiculous.

Adding Charlotte to the WrestleMania main event. 

Edit: completely forgot about Roman for the anti climax award, which says it all. Put him in place of The Fiend.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

Worst wrestler - Seth Rollins. 

Worst event - Wrestlemania 

Biggest letdown - Lynch/Charlotte/Rousey

Worst match - Pete Dunne vs WALTER. Everything stupid and terrible about the modern style encapsulated in one match.

Stupidest moment - adding Charlotte to the WM main event story

Edited by LaGoosh

• Onyx2 locked this topic