Best crisps?

TheToeSucker

• Paid Members

My ex used to love the Canadian ham flavoured Seabrooks. They were alright. 

Aldi are getting stocked up on this year's Christmas flavours. For the Sunday crisp club I picked up a pack of camembert, honey and chilli flavour. 

Last year they had a wagyu beef dripping cooked roast potato flavour, which was diabolical and still spoken of to this day. 

10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Their beef ones are.... weird. They're strong and they taste vaguely beefy but also tangy? I've got 4 bags left in a multipack and I know I'll eat my way through the rest of them just to try and figure out what's going on with them.

They're a weird brand, like a mid point between the main players like Walkers and the bottom of the barrel (but often quite nice) like Bobby's. I think most of they're flavours are like that though, the Lea & Perrin ones have that overly salted tang, too.

I have a weird loyalty to Seabrooks. They feel like an underdog I want to support, despite objectively being quite shit.

They're the most inconsistent crisp - sometimes well flavoured and other times you can get through a whole multipack with them having barely any seasoning.

Not a Seabrooks-specifc memory, but one it's triggered - Did anyone else as kids add vinegar to ready salted to make their own salt and vinegar?

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Absolutely love Bobby's Salt and Vinegar spirals. My new favourites are the Burger Bites from Spar, and now I've spoken about them, I need to go and get a pack.

Curry Sauce Snax are where it's at! I'm on the look out for these though, I think they're trying to get that Taki market.

spacer.png

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Dunno if you can get these over in the UK, but they recently showed up in a B&M style shop here in the Czech Republic and they are class. Ted's Favorite Rolled Tortilla Chips are better than Takis imo...

spacer.png

There used to be something similar a while back called Rollitos? I remember picking them up in Asda a few years ago. 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Seabrook Ketchup flavour are back! They're still as tangy to the point of being sour but I like them. I think they're limited to only Home Bargains which is a little odd.

These, and the also limited edition Smokey Bacon are superb crisps, I won't hear a bad word against these flavours. But yeah, the regular ones can be hit or miss. They alsways have them as a snack after I donate blood so I like to support Seabrooks for that alone.

I had these whilst in America,

Lay's Sweet Southern Heat Barbecue Potato Chips (184.2g)

Weird because they tasted similar to how I remember Barbecue Walkers tasting, but with a warm heat in the after taste. They were fine, but not my favourite.

• Members

The things I do for you lot.

20241003_173147.thumb.jpg.2bd8d4b9e1ec37b8b43cf0fe4f375c95.jpg

Nice, but you start to feel quite sick quite quickly. I probably wouldn't buy them again so you all owe me 50p to cover the cost. 6/10

20241003_174628.thumb.jpg.ff982f8c2191094d10b75bb7bf678efd.jpg

These are very nice, but they're up against the jalapeno ones, the salt and pepper ones and the chive ones so they probably won't be purchased again. 7/10