The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

It’s Jericho I feel sorry for the most. Mixing it up with Owens again would have been the perfect kick up the arse his career needs. They were great together in WWE and I would have loved to see them interacting again.

Instead, Jericho’s going to continue this dire run of just leeching off whatever hot run someone else is having. Dan Lambert getting nucleur heat? I’ll have some of that. Eddie Kingston breaking out as a megastar? Don’t mind if I do. Just watch; it’ll be Jericho vs. Bryan Danielson early next year.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I'm not entirely sure who they've missed out on? Sticking to those that are outwith 90 days: 'The Titan' Adam Scherr, Windham Rotunda, and the IIconics. The Titan kinda showed how small he is in more ways than one turning up as EC3's muscle at Final Battle, the IIconics opted for Impact's Knockout Tag Title scene, and Rotunda we'll see about that one.

As talented as they maybe i'm not sure Buddy Matthews, Mercedes Martinez, and JONAH really move the needle.

Not really the point I was making, I was asking more about whether talent see AEW right now in the position they are in (Hangman as champ after a long storyline, Danielson challenging, Punk still yet to reach that echelon, with Miro, Kingston and the like all still up there) as a good choice position wise, as opposed to a beefed up contract (speculation) to sit at home or fanny about on Raw. 

• Paid Members

It’s a tiny thing but I always love these little graphics popping up on my timeline the day of the show. Always gets me excited.

FD6FF654-5371-4E67-A4FD-B3F43A688460.jpeg.4aa1eb3a1c4d12dc13164c851ffb9e17.jpeg

Another thing from the Atiitude Era that can stay in the bin forever; having shows start with no card announced and the main event only being booked after the opening promo. No thanks.

Edited by Supremo

AEW aren't really in need of any more big-name/money signings so it might be a case of AEW not wanting Owens that made his mind up for him.

They've got a deep enough roster now and because of well they rotate people on and off screen, it always seems fresh. And with Miro, Mox and Kenny all to return, their main event scene is going to be very crowded without adding Owens into that. Especially if over the next six-to-twelve months they see the "Four Pillars" starting to challenge for the World Title.

It seems now if they're bringing people in, it's to bolster the midcard with a bit of name value like Lethal or Nese. And I don't think Owens' wage demands or expectations would be that of a midcarder so from AEW's point of view, probably not a worthwhile signing at this point.

8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It’s a tiny thing but I always love these little graphics popping up on my timeline the day of the show. Always gets me excited.

FD6FF654-5371-4E67-A4FD-B3F43A688460.jpeg.4aa1eb3a1c4d12dc13164c851ffb9e17.jpeg

Another thing from the Atiitude Era can stay in the bin forever; having shows start with no card announced and the main event only being booked after the opening promo. No thanks.

What'd they get the work experience guy to edit that Owen Hart Cup graphic?

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

It’s Jericho I feel sorry for the most. Mixing it up with Owens again would have been the perfect kick up the arse his career needs. They were great together in WWE and I would have loved to see them interacting again.

Instead, Jericho’s going to continue this dire run of just leeching off whatever hot run someone else is having. Dan Lambert getting nucleur heat? I’ll have some of that. Eddie Kingston breaking out as a megastar? Don’t mind if I do. Just watch; it’ll be Jericho vs. Bryan Danielson early next year.

Jericho will want in with Hook. If Hook can survive that feud then he’s fucking golden rest of his career as will never get that bad again 

Was going to bed and seen on twitter that they were starting with the title match. Turned it on and fuck me im tired this morning! What a match, could have done without the Picture in Picture that showed them resting in the breaks, as that was a fantastic effort. I presume they go again at battle of the belts 

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Louch said:

Was going to bed and seen on twitter that they were starting with the title match. Turned it on and fuck me im tired this morning! What a match, fluke have done without the Picture in Picture that showed them resting in the breaks, as that was a fantastic effort. I presume they go again at battle of the belts 

This is why my $5 for Fite pays off as no PIP. I normally watch the first match and then go to bed. Big mistake then when that match goes the distance. A late contender for MOTY in my opinion. Enjoyed the Wardlow squash as per. Really good womans match as well from probably the two best in ring wrestlers in that division.

I think Dante and MJF both got knocked a bit silly which was a shame. Dante definitely seemed a little off at times, missing spots he would normally nail, and wasn't happy with the 3rd MJF win in a row, but only because I would have liked to see what Dante would have done with it. Haven't seen socials yet, but considering many were calling for the debut of Windham last night, when those lights went out, I imagine they thought their luck was in. But I don't think they need any more big debuts right now. Great show. 

Also, new contender for Heel of the Year as Nick Jackson threatens to end Sue’s Beretta’s Career 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch