Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

On 11/18/2023 at 9:09 PM, DavidB6937 said:

Looks like there's a Ronnie O'Sullivan documentary on Amazon from Thursday. Always found him a fascinating guy so should be worth a watch.

This is absolutely fantastic by the way.

I found it quite a hard watch as when I see Ronnie sometimes its like looking in a mirror.

Obviously I'm better at snooker though.

Edit: Forgot to say, the bit between Ronnie and Judd at the end of the 22 Final absolutely done me in. Beautiful moment.

Edited by SuperBacon

I'm only half way through @SuperBaconbut have really enjoyed it. No massive revelations but Ronnie is really candid in it and very easy to connect to. Some of the little behind the scenes things are lovely touches and fascinating to watch like banter between him and Jimmy White having breakfast in Ronnie's room in Sheffield and Ronnie's love of M&S scones.

38 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Some of the little behind the scenes things are lovely touches and fascinating to watch like banter between him and Jimmy White having breakfast in Ronnie's room in Sheffield and Ronnie's love of M&S scones.

That was actually quite tough to watch as SPOILER Ronnie is clearly going through a manic episode there.

The way he rang down chasing the breakfast and the way he immediately acted after is EXACTLY how I act. His energy was all over the gaff.

Still, a fry up calmed him in true UKFF fashion.

14 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Ahh fair enough, I obviously need to pay slightly closer attention.

No not at all, you are absolutely correct. It was lovely and he was relaxed, and the bit I'm talking about is literally 5 seconds of footage.

It's just this particular brand of crazy recognises that particular brand of crazy :)

16 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

This is absolutely fantastic by the way.

I found it quite a hard watch as when I see Ronnie sometimes its like looking in a mirror.

Obviously I'm better at snooker though.

Edit: Forgot to say, the bit between Ronnie and Judd at the end of the 22 Final absolutely done me in. Beautiful moment.

Glad I wasn't the only one who had a lump in their throat watching that. Then when he's hugging his kids and he says something like "I can't do this anymore" and you hear his daughter telling him how much they love him.

I thought the backstage footage at the World championships was absolutely fascinating. Ronnie riddled with self-doubt, absolutely going through the mill, Steve Peters trying to compose him; you see why he had the outpouring of emotions that he did when he won the tournament. 

21 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

thought the backstage footage at the World championships was absolutely fascinating. Ronnie riddled with self-doubt, absolutely going through the mill, Steve Peters trying to compose him; you see why he had the outpouring of emotions that he did when he won the tournament

That was so brilliantly done. The juxtaposition of what he was actually going through and what he presents. 

A fascinating man.

Ooo yeah, I've only just got to the bit where his psychiatrist has appeared. Really fascinating to hear him talking, sports psychology has always been complex but adding Ronnie's other mental health needs in to it just made compelling viewing. I though Damien Hirst talking about him calling at the beginning of The World Championship (I think) and wanting to go in to The Priory and then having a little play on the table and totally changing his mind was quite mind-blowing. The extreme ups and downs must be agonising for him.

Fantastic program. It’s like he can never admit to wanting to be world champion because he’d immediately find a way to sabotage himself if he was conscious of it. That almost torturous lack of self-esteem, even when says he’s the best it’s like he doesn’t believe it. But he should, because he’s the greatest of all time. But maybe it’s all part of what makes him so that. It’s pretty brave to put yourself out there like that, as well. Fair play to him. Thanks for flagging it up @DavidB6937 

Good couple of matches last night. Jamie Cope and Tom Ford both found themselves 5-1 down and came back to win their matches 6-5. 

Tom Ford has played some good snooker over the past couple of seasons. He's got a face like a disappointing chippy tea but he's a great break builder and someone I'm not surprised to see getting to the later stages of tournaments. 

I've just watched the end of Ronnie's documentary. That last half an hour was really really difficult to watch, your heart really goes out to him. He is easily my favourite snooker player but watching him say to his kids that it's going to kill had me saying to the TV 'just stop playing, you don't need to do this to yourself'.