Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

Really difficult one for me as Allen vs Brecel in my opinion has much more potential to be a close and entertaining final than Selby vs Brecel, I just really don't like Allen.

Always thought he seemed a twat but the whole Reanne Evans stuff and allegedly only paying her £100 a month towards maintenance of their kid despite earnings of 1 mill a year at the time was the cherry on the top for me.

EDIT - has anyone seen the fella who's usually there every year wearing the Coventry shirts? I haven't seen him in the crowd at all this year.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

EDIT - has anyone seen the fella who's usually there every year wearing the Coventry shirts? I haven't seen him in the crowd at all this year.

Yep he's been knocking about for a few sessions - he's ben fairly active on Twitter as not being able to attend as many as usual due to ticket prices etc. Only seen him once in his usually iconic seat, usually on the left side to the right of where the players sit. 

I loathe live discussion but as we're now at midnight as I type this, is anyone else in this for the long haul for this semi? Tell me I'm not alone!

1 minute ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Yep he's been knocking about for a few sessions - he's ben fairly active on Twitter as not being able to attend as many as usual due to ticket prices etc. Only seen him once in his usually iconic seat, usually on the left side to the right of where the players sit. 

I loathe live discussion but as we're now at midnight as I type this, is anyone else in this for the long haul for this semi? Tell me I'm not alone!

Shhhh! Snooker UKFF i maintain should  be immune from the live discussion rule. This is a safe haven. 

• Paid Members

Thought Selby’s arse had totally gone there and Allen was going to go the distance, but he just about held it together to get it over the line. 

A sick, twisted part of me hoped it might run as late as 3:30am - the current Crucible record during a second round match between Cliff Thorburn and Terry Griffiths in 1983. Alas, not to be. 

A fabulous day of snooker. Bring on the final. 

39 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

What's his twitter account please FF? I'd give him a follow.

@RealCovTopBrian 👍

My wife likes Selby too and I'm sure it's not just because of his great safety abilities. We're seeing him at an exhibition in a few weeks so I know what her eyes will be looking at when he's bent over the table. Probably my eyes too to be fair.

I'm torn on who I want to win the final. Selby is one of the all time greats and I want to see him win as many world titles as possible. On the other hand it would be really special to see Brecel win the big one and go up a level. He's got one of the best cue actions I've ever seen and he's too good not to win big titles. Whatever happens I'm sure it's going to be a good final.

16 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Getting round the "no football shirts" rule with a lovely homage to the 'big T' Talbot Cov shirt today.

Really enjoyable first session, more of that later please. 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Getting round the "no football shirts" rule with a lovely homage to the 'big T' Talbot Cov shirt today.

Apparently the attempt to make the audience dress more appropriately has been in place since 2018, which is weird since last year I noticed someone wearing a shirt by Dutch hardcore punk/proto-grindcore band Lärm. Front Row Brian should be seething at the injustice.

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Tamura said:

Apparently the attempt to make the audience dress more appropriately has been in place since 2018, which is weird since last year I noticed someone wearing a shirt by Dutch hardcore punk/proto-grindcore band Lärm. Front Row Brian should be seething at the injustice.

spacer.png

That could be a Question Time audience that. 

Make a good game actually, QT or Crucible audience. 😂

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tamura said:

make the audience dress more appropriately

Appropriate for what, sitting in silence? If it's on TV I understand nothing obscene or political on shirts but apart from that it sounds like pure snobbery.