Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

I absolutely hate Hendry on commentary even if the match is good. Legend, GOAT status etc, but I find his voice and personality so incredibly dull. It really doesn’t lend itself well to commentary. I’d honestly rather listen to Dominic Dale than have Hendry in the box at any point. 

I feel slightly uneasy at myself for saying this but I feel the total opposite about Shaun Murphy on comms and punditry - he offers expert analysis, delivers it well, and is a very easy listen with his soft Northamptonshire accent in the box. Reminds me a lot of Willie Thorne in terms of his style. 

…Back in a moment, just off to scrub myself down on the count of feeling dirty. 

I understand Hendry just wants to see high standard snooker all the time but I want to see a 40 minute safety battle at midnight while both players look like they've not slept for two days.

How good is Selby at making a come back during these long Crucible matches? He's the master at winning frame after frame and looking completely relaxed while his opponent is having a crisis. As Tony Soprano would say "he's a real come from behind kinda guy"

• Paid Members

I love a good tactical battle. Saying that, I’m not a fan of Selby as he does it too much and I find him a chore to watch at times. However, if I was as good as him though, that’s definitely how I’d play it and drag the life out of my opponents.

• Paid Members

I think variety is key. If you’re watching several long, drawn out frames in succession without big breaks being made it doesn’t really tingle the testes, but inbetween frames like that it’s a lovely change of pace. One thing I quite like about Selby/Allen though is there’s been a lot of good camaraderie between them - this keeps it light and entertaining and breaks up some of the monotony. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

absolutely hate Hendry on commentary even if the match is good. Legend, GOAT status etc, but I find his voice and personality so incredibly dull. 

I find he always puts a negative and singular pov feel on everything, where others will explain what a player is doing or how they are likely approaching risk it feels like he tends to just say what he'd do or why he wouldn't do that which doesn't help explain the play that is going on because not everyone plays like him.

• Paid Members

He's like Roy Keane if Roy Keane had played like Ronaldo -'I don't understand why he doesn't split the pack and rattle in a century every frame'. Considering Selby could well equal or surpass his Crucible record, whatever he's doing seems to be working fine.

Excited for tonight. Could be in for a late, late finish.

• Paid Members

Bollocks as solid as the very snooker balls he’s potting. Hadn’t won a match at the tournament before this - look at him now. Not to do a Patrice Evra, but I love this game.

What an effort from Sk Jiahui for the last few weeks since the quallies. Feel a bit for him but if he’s playing like this at 20, he may well be back sooner than we think. 

31 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

What an effort from Sk Jiahui for the last few weeks since the quallies. Feel a bit for him but if he’s playing like this at 20, he may well be back sooner than we think. 

Ultimately he lost 12 of 13 frames which is mad, but not once did I feel he floundered badly, and tucking that second to last frame away showed massive determination when under incredible pressure.

A really great talent.

Selby's a handsome bastard, in fairness. 

What can you say about Si/Brecel. The best sessions I've ever watched as they were unfolding. I was having a lovely cheese and ham toastie in a pub today sitting at the bar and they were showing it. At least in my neck of the woods it's always a pleasant, unscheduled surprise when a pub is showing the snooker. Everyone there was chatting up how Si was this maniac Haaland of snooker and then Brecel starting mounting the comeback. Real moment in time stuff. 

One of the weirdest tournaments ever. It still feels oddly nailed on for Selby to walk home with the trophy, Mrs. Facesitter and Mrs. Mears but I hope I'm wrong.