Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Is your argument that you shouldn't have the best view to see what's going on?

No of course not. I just think it’s all looks very unnatural, that’s all. They have other cameras at ringside - I think if a wrestler is about to hit their finisher for example, they shouldn’t have to unnaturally move into position to make sure the hard cam catches it, they should catch it on another camera instead. I understand that it’s a TV show, but it’s also a live event and is presented as being real, so I’d like to see them do a better job of making it all look as real as they can, that’s all.

Edited by Slapnut
Posted

The main difference for me these days is that the live event going fans are so into the product it instantly makes it so much more enjoyable.

All those years from about 2010 - now, where save from a few people, the shows were being played out to absolute crickets, whereas now everyone gets a reaction, it's loud, they're into everything, the heels are getting booed and the faces are getting cheered.

It might not be for a lot of people on here anymore, hell I prefer AEW and that's more my kind of show, but WWE is still a fun watch for me just for how into it the crowd are and how much they have. It's infectious, they're doing it right.

Posted

Cody is turning a bit unlikeable for me.

All those times of Seth, Orton & KO standing to fight with Cody against the original bloodline only for him to go and team with Roman at the first opportunity.

Hoping those 3 form some sort of super group and go after Cody at some point and call him out for his bullshit.

Posted
19 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Hoping those 3 form some sort of super group and go after Cody at some point and call him out for his bullshit.

I imagine that’s actually where the story is going in the sense of Randy Orton turning on Cody anyway. Maybe not the other 2 though. They’re gonna have a real issue getting a crowd to boo Orton right now though - everywhere loves the guy, it’s like he’s on a retirement tour.

Posted
53 minutes ago, FUM said:

I imagine that’s actually where the story is going in the sense of Randy Orton turning on Cody anyway. Maybe not the other 2 though. They’re gonna have a real issue getting a crowd to boo Orton right now though - everywhere loves the guy, it’s like he’s on a retirement tour.

Yeah you could easily see the crowd taking Orton's side in that feud. 

I'd quite like them to turn Cody actually, but imagine they would want to get in a match with The Rock before they do.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Cody is turning a bit unlikeable for me.

Starting to see more and more of this these days. I'm not a WWE fan or watcher so it's interesting to see the same thing that happened with Cody in AEW slowly starting to grow in WWE. Cody is a fantastic babyface but only for a short time because as a performer his babyface act is surface level stuff. A fancy car with nothing real under the bonnet.

Personally I think he has it in him to be a brilliant top level heel and also to be a genuinely original heel character. But I know that he wants to be the next John Cena more than anything so he may be unwilling to go there. I hope he does one day.

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 8:27 AM, Duke said:

It was a great win, but I can't help but be disappointed by Cody's title reign so far. Maybe it's time to take the belt off him.

Edited by Duke
Edit: Glad to see you all coming round...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I am genuinely surprised how the tide has turned on Cody. He was always a square peg fitting into a round hole in AEW (Codyverse, special entrance etc), so you could understand why it grew tiring. But he has WWE written all over him, and i'm not sure what the fix is. I think the problem is they did the same thing to The Bloodline that Bischoff did with the NWO. Ran it into the ground then had a second tier version take over (i'm sorry, Jacob Fatu is the only one in the B Squad I think is worthy of that spot, he's very impressive). There are also no credible feuds for Cody to have as champ. He's had AJ and Kevin Owens (of sorts) and I am sure theres another i'm missing. But the people you could see him get feuds with or are credible opponents are either busy in other feuds or are on Raw (Drew, Punk, Gunther) and the Smackdown roster is pretty thin to boot.

I'd love to see a heel Cody, but like @LaGoosh said already and better, he wants to be the new Cena so he won't have it. Look how he rejected it in AEW.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I am genuinely surprised how the tide has turned on Cody.

I'm not sure a few people getting bored of him is indicative of the tide turning. The general reaction towards him is still positive.

Posted
6 hours ago, FUM said:

I imagine that’s actually where the story is going in the sense of Randy Orton turning on Cody anyway. Maybe not the other 2 though. They’re gonna have a real issue getting a crowd to boo Orton right now though - everywhere loves the guy, it’s like he’s on a retirement tour.

I reckon after he teams with Roman he tells him to let him know when he wants that rematch and Orton will turn seeing Cody give every cunt a shot but him.  There is a weird dynamic with Orton at the moment, that program feels like it’d be better with Cody as the company man top guy heel with Stone Cold Orton chasing him.

  • Paid Members
Posted
40 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm not sure a few people getting bored of him is indicative of the tide turning. The general reaction towards him is still positive.

Yes, live certainly he’s very over. It’s probably the loud minority on X.

Posted

He's a great babyface in that the chase is what people loved. Now he's THE GUY and he's just a bit dull. Doesn't help that Roman is fucking ace and draws all the dimes, everytime he steps out of the curtain.

Posted

Cody needs a good foil. Roman as the maniacal power hunger top guy was perfect for that. They need more strong heels to put against Cody and that's where they're lacking. Cody isn't doing anything wrong I don't think, but a pure babyface like that needs to be booked against a decent villain. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Cody needs a good foil. Roman as the maniacal power hunger top guy was perfect for that. They need more strong heels to put against Cody and that's where they're lacking. Cody isn't doing anything wrong I don't think, but a pure babyface like that needs to be booked against a decent villain. 

To be clear, I wasn't knocking Cody (he's not my preferred cup of tea, but that's preferences for you right) it's the booking around him that is lackluster. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...