The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

They probably will!

But you can’t expect the WWE to run their business solely for you.  Rock/Reigns will do big numbers, so there’s lots of fans who do want this, and will pay over money for it.

I mean this is right, but the soullessness of it is quite striking when you're on the wrong side of it.

Watch our shows all year, even the rubbish ones, invest in the talent, buy their shirts, buy tickets and then... come Mania season.. it won't really matter as we'll do what the wider public who don't really care the rest of the year might like. Sure, we've hit record viewership and revenues on the backs of Cody et al, but... lol.

It'd be like if at the end of the Soprano's they had Tony killed by Thanos turning up and clicking his fingers because more people liked Marvel films. Sure, make your money... but ugh.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I don't want them to do the 2-night thing, but if they wanted to it's a piece of piss to get to. 

Raw's Cody Rhodes has a contractually obligated title shot against whomever he wants at Mania. Smackdown has a GM in Nick Aldis who has been shown to not be afraid of Roman Reigns. Cody picks Roman, Aldis books Roman to also face The Rock.

Just now, Statto said:

I don't want them to do the 2-night thing, but if they wanted to it's a piece of piss to get to. 

Raw's Cody Rhodes has a contractually obligated title shot against whomever he wants at Mania. Smackdown has a GM in Nick Aldis who has been shown to not be afraid of Roman Reigns. Cody picks Roman, Aldis books Roman to also face The Rock.

I mean, absolutely puts Rollins in the bin but Cody specifically said 'not at Mania' didn't he? So is the big sap now going to have to be forced to take the title shot?

Think I'd rather he just challenged Logan Paul.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Pinc said:

It was clearly deliberate that Cody didn’t quite come out and say he wasn’t challenging Reigns. They have left themselves an out if they need it.

A two-night fuckabout is clearly the way to please everyone.

I mean...he said "just not at Wrestlemania", so I think it does rule that out. But to be fair a week ago he said "you. I'm coming for you" after winning the rumble.

Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe Cody doesn't want to win the belt? Maybe he should do a stip like he did in AEW just to put everyone out of their misery

Edited by Duke

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

I'm sorry but i'm fucking pigshit sick of shite ideas being rubbed in my face as actually good because it being some decent business idea trumps everything else. That's been every shite WWE idea for as long as I can remember now, "well, it may be shite but you have to admit" etc - nah, sorry, absolutely fuck The Rock in his arse, I hope his bollocks fall off.

I don't think i've ever been this angry

4 minutes ago, Duke said:

I mean...he said "just not at Wrestlemania", so I think it does rule that out. But to be fair a week ago he said "you. I'm coming for you" after winning the rumble.

Oh right. Yeah they’ve fucked him.

• Paid Members
Just now, d-d-d-dAz said:

I mean, absolutely puts Rollins in the bin but Cody specifically said 'not at Mania' didn't he?

Yeah, he did. So it'd be retconning that to do it. Which I don't think they will, by the way. 

To me, this is the second year in a row where "Wrestlemania" as a concept is massively hampering a natural creative process. For so long now WWE have pushed that Wrestlemania is all that really matters and anything else is significantly less than. 

Last year, you had Zayn red hot heading into a PPV in his home town. This year, you've got matches that you should really be using to sell out two stadium shows this year. But even pushing Cody to Summerslam (which I think they will do) seems like a real consolation prize, just because it's not at Wrestlemania. 

• Paid Members

This is small in the scheme of things, and he was in a corner, but I thought it was interesting that Cody said finishing the story wasn't about winning the belt, but about taking everything away from Reigns (and him not even being the one to do it, necessarily). That means the story is no longer about Cody winning, but about Reigns losing. Cody is no longer the main character in his own story.

He'll be fine when he eventually wins the title at Summerslam, but man there's some rehabbing to do.

I was on board with the Reigns v Rock and Rollins v Cody course correction after that segment on Monday personally. Hell, they might even do the Reigns v Cody match at Elimination Chamber.

Mania lost some of its luster with the Punk injury and it needed something. WWE's problem isn't not pulling the trigger on Cody this year,  it was not doing it last year.

Edited by AndyUK

What if Cody’s “just not at Wrestlemania” means that he is expecting to face the Rock after bringing in Rocky to start dismantling the bloodline at Elimination Chamber by taking the title there and we get Cody v The Rock at mania and perhaps Roman shoehorns himself in for a triple threat.

Im just not sure what Cody does other than this and clutching at straws that the WWE has some intricate plans rather than pushing Cody aside unless he uses his title shot at Elimination chamber 

Edited by J. Edwards

10 minutes ago, J. Edwards said:

What if Cody’s “just not at Wrestlemania” means that he is expecting to face the Rock after bringing in Rocky to start dismantling the bloodline at Elimination Chamber by taking the title there and we get Cody v The Rock at mania and perhaps Roman shoehorns himself in for a triple threat.

Im just not sure what Cody does other than this and clutching at straws that the WWE has some intricate plans rather than pushing Cody aside unless he uses his title shot at Elimination chamber 

I mean it's obviously mad and not happening, but in terms of what the character Cody Rhodes motives could be this is actually the only thing that would make sense.

'Not at Mania... because you won't be champion at Mania'

I mean obviously that's not what's happening, but it would make at least make sense for Cody.

Rock/Roman at Chamber, Roman cheats to win and the only man left to save us is Cody Rhodes.

That's what I'll be dreaming of tonight as I cry into my Cody Rhodes pyjamas.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

11 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

That's what I'll be dreaming of tonight as I cry into my Cody Rhodes pyjamas.

What I imagine your bedroom looks like

S31dd967e0b304d98ad2d83c85a6b8960K.jpg_6