The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

The wyatt stuff is a great experiment in how much rope fans will give just cause they liked someone years ago and don’t want to admit he’s been shit for years 

I mean to 99.999% of the population there's zero difference between dissecting Wyatt's mythos and ejaculating weekly on what the Bloodline are doing. It's all a work. Good on them. 

• Paid Members

Someone correct me here, but when Bray first debuted on NXT I have a memory of someone (Astro?) putting together a blog post covering all the different references and influences on the character, only to have Bray respond on Twitter that he was overthinking it. I feel like that one interaction has outlined the rest of his career. Wyatt doing spooky shit on-screen because he's spooky and then fans bringing as much to it themselves as they can.

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Someone correct me here, but when Bray first debuted on NXT I have a memory of someone (Astro?) putting together a blog post covering all the different references and influences on the character, only to have Bray respond on Twitter that he was overthinking it. I feel like that one interaction has outlined the rest of his career. Wyatt doing spooky shit on-screen because he's spooky and then fans bringing as much to it themselves as they can.

It was indeed Astro. Word on the street is Wyatt was flattered though. 

Context.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I mean to 99.999% of the population there's zero difference between dissecting Wyatt's mythos and ejaculating weekly on what the Bloodline are doing. It's all a work. Good on them. 

Well that wasn't very Ucey. 

I reckon we’re about to see the biggest test of Triple H’s creative leadership.

Given the success of ‘Ucey’, if this was Vince The Uso’s and Sami would become a one note act saying Ucey all the time, and wearing gimmicked shirts before Jimmy and Jey turn on Sami simply for not being ‘Ucey’. All the nuance and deftness of touch and other elements would be binned in favour of ‘Ucey’ shirts and foam fingers and bed sheets or whatever.

9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I reckon we’re about to see the biggest test of Triple H’s creative leadership.

Given the success of ‘Ucey’, if this was Vince The Uso’s and Sami would become a one note act saying Ucey all the time, and wearing gimmicked shirts before Jimmy and Jey turn on Sami simply for not being ‘Ucey’. All the nuance and deftness of touch and other elements would be binned in favour of ‘Ucey’ shirts and foam fingers and bed sheets or whatever.

Someone already put themselves forward to sell said merch 

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

As fantastic as Sami is being in all of this, and don't get me wrong he is the MVP of the group, i think more needs to be said about how good Jey Uso has become recently. Plays his role to absolute perfection.

I wouldn't even say recently. Well, I guess it depends on a definition of recently. He's been good for years. He's been great since the beginning of this Roman stuff. Easy to forget how integral he was in the beginning. And now he's getting a chance to show that again with Sami. 

• Paid Members

Tony Khan truly on the ropes. The war is almost over.

Just when you think Hangman Adam Page or Eddie Kingston are the most authentic, relatable characters in pro-wrestling, Triple H introduces this chap.

Experiencing the Bray Wyatt act unfold directly in front of him, all the cRaZy mannerisms, all the mumbling nonsense, all the flickering, spooky imagery, and he just looks on, stony-faced, bored out of his fucking mind.

998100F8-9365-45B6-BF4C-3083B5AD878E.thumb.jpeg.03ce15a00319f163161632dbe107151c.jpeg

This man is me. I am this man.

Edited by Supremo