Best Film Posters

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The ones on the tweet are lovely! Not feeling that evil dead one though - too much disassociated floating stuff, particularly the necronimicon.

true - it's mostly just the image of Ash I like it for, just brilliantly vibrant and bold. Would definitely be better without the Necronomicon.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

A tale of two posters.

Never seen that Japanese one. That's wonderful. Good work.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the memory of this poster popped in to my head this morning. It's such a superbly subtle, iconic image. I'll never forget seeing it for the first time, sort of dismissing it and then realising what it was and losing my mind. An original quad poster goes for about £125 and I'm genuinely tempted to pick one up.

star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-poster.jpg

• Awards Moderator

Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe (1990) - IMDb

What a poster! I'd love to see that. Except I've seen that actual film and it's boring, boring garbage. Yes that's Jesse Ventura at the front, and fat constipated Riker is played by Sven Ole Thorsen. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
On 9/1/2021 at 1:33 PM, Onyx2 said:

Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe (1990) - IMDb

What a poster! I'd love to see that. Except I've seen that actual film and it's boring, boring garbage. Yes that's Jesse Ventura at the front, and fat constipated Riker is played by Sven Ole Thorsen. 

Not for this thread, because it's an album cover and also potentially NSFW with a nekkid lady on it, but the cover of Santana's Abraxas is also very cool and psychedelic.