Best Film Posters

Devon Malcolm

23 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Polish film posters are extraordinary and mental.

It's not just their film posters, Polish pop art, in general, is weird and wonderful. I was in Krakow about 15 years ago and I went to a poster shop that had been recommended - bloody hell, I was in awe. The film posters were one thing, but there was also the propaganda art and the stuff that Polish artists had come up with during a time of great duress; lots of tiny people being chased by domineering buildings and the like. I found it fascinating, and, at the very least, the scourge of Communism yielded some pretty cool art; paranoid, horribly oppressed, but also outward looking. 

• Paid Members

@Devon Malcolm has already posted the best one. TCM2 is a fantastic film. Actually prefer this one to the first. Not that I dont love the first one, but the second movie is way more me. Its pure madness.

Loved the poster to Critters. Just look at that. Any poster who has an artists interpretation of the movies main characters is a win for me.

51CeifK1P0L.jpg

Always liked the cover of Ben Dover's Fancy an Indian as well. One of my favourites as a young adult.

nnn.png.f835872f4a707b94ef4f753e4c46baee.png

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

If I recall, The Wraith was just some cunt in a crash helmet, and not the coolest thing on earth as the poster shows there. Sometimes the artwork paints a fantastic picture that you cant live up to.

Like this for example. Robocop? And he's a vampire? Sign me up. Sadly its some some asian gentlemen in a pair of Grandmaster Sexay goggles I believe. A major disappointment.

3e7f64afdc633a9253c38dd740d60320.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members
On 4/19/2019 at 7:35 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

If I recall, The Wraith was just some cunt in a crash helmet, and not the coolest thing on earth as the poster shows there. Sometimes the artwork paints a fantastic picture that you cant live up to.

Like this for example. Robocop? And he's a vampire? Sign me up. Sadly its some some asian gentlemen in a pair of Grandmaster Sexay goggles I believe. A major disappointment.

3e7f64afdc633a9253c38dd740d60320.jpg

Does he only drink the blood of criminals so he can still protect the innocent? 

• Paid Members

I love the whole Warning concept on ‘the stuff’ poster. You know it’s entirely feasible that some people will have seen it at the time and will have freaked out.

I love that cluttered artwork on HWAS. Really big fan of covers with loads going on, all looks crackers, would happily have it on my wall.

78D62897-7E2D-464D-A827-4893FA0C4217.jpeg

1919AC03-EC3E-4B5F-84F9-C94D6FF65DAE.jpeg