Sign in to follow this  
lightningxlock

Baldness

My hairline is an absolute mess. In fact it’s so far back I think it’s still adding its nominations to the 2015 forum awards.

My old man went bald at 24 and carries it off well, but I’ve inherited the hairline from my Mum’s side of the family which gave me an extra few years. I’ve no issue with going bald or shaving it to a respectable level, but I had an accident when I was about 7 which has fucked that up. 

Came off my bike - over the handlebars - into a pile of dismantled shed bits and ended up in hospital for a few days. Massive flap of skin fell down over my eyes. Got a load of stitches. Was a hero in school.

Only problem is that the scar is in the shape of an uppercase M so if I shaved my head I’d be walking around like a demented advert for McDonalds. I’m single enough as it is so don’t need to add that to the list of lady deterrents.

Still, I’ve got two lungs so every cloud.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

I saw an old schoolmate on Christmas Eve for the first time in years. He's my age and has been receding for a while  but I don't think it was that bad, or at least not as bad as what he's ahd done. Where he's had a hairline tattooed on to look like a fashionable grade 1 all over. I couldn't stop staring at it.

"How's the family?" *Cannot take eyes off forehead*

17 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

@Chest Rockwell I’d happily share the components and my wiring diagram with you though.

Yeah - anything you can share with me to guided through the process of how to make it would be really appreciated. Seems a worthwhile project! I'll clear some space my inbox.

@scratchdj why on earth are you not patenting this or throwing this at Peter Jones and his mates?? There's surely money to be made here! You'd be able to buy your own cruise ship! Seriously though, if it genuinely works, you've bloody invented something.

I've lodged a patent I'm afraid.

I'd be well taking this on Dragon's Den though.

Edited by PowerButchi

Just now, PunkStep said:

@scratchdj why on earth are you not patenting this or throwing this at Peter Jones and his mates?? There's surely money to be made here! You'd be able to buy your own cruise ship! Seriously though, if it genuinely works, you've bloody invented something.

Ha, although I haven’t invented anything. You can buy a whole number of laser hats online, but the jury’s our with regard to their effectiveness.

I just found the maintenance documents for the machine my mate has and have used the same diodes (100 for £15 can you believe?). Several other people online have tried the same, although I think my circuit might be unique as everyone else seems to complain about the same dimming problem.

Here’s a before and after shot following about 3 months of use. 

1DA9EF94-72B9-4CEF-9087-7387B5FAB477.jpeg

Treat yourself to a new shirt eh? Clashes with the salt and pepper. 

I'm massively impressed with your glowing hat of justice though. 

Yeah I'm totally intrigued by the GHoJ now. You're a clever chap Scratchy for sure, but what you've done is fairly trivial for someone who knows electronics right? And your superstar mate (definitely Paul Hardy of Love City Groove) can't be the only person in the world with this gadget, so someone else must have figured it out? Even the manufacturer must know 'well we could do a budget version, the rest is all window dressing.'

I just can't fathom that male hair loss has effectively been solved and there isn't a mass market solution. Someone tell Chavo. 

1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

Edit: no idea why the font has gone massive 🤔

Did you stare directly into the lasers with no eye protection?

8 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Even the manufacturer must know 'well we could do a budget version, the rest is all window dressing.'

I just can't fathom that male hair loss has effectively been solved and there isn't a mass market solution. Someone tell Chavo. 

Branded ones like Capillus start at ~$900 or Grivamax start at around $650.  Chinese knock-offs of those on ebay are £75-150.  Your results may vary etc.