Survivor Series

HarmonicGenerator

I thought it was a pretty satisfying show. No heat to any of the matches which meant it couldn't reach a certain level but everything was fairly solid.

Bryan/Brock was cool for what it was and about as good as you're gonna get from Brock these days and I thought Rousey/Charlotte was brilliant while it lasted. Not usually a fan of DQ finishes but the aftermath was really well done and I'm guessing leads to a triple threat at Mania. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not overly fussed that Raw won 6-0 in the sense that it wasn't the usual 'Tie going into a decider' that they have done before which is quite predictable. I suppose if you want things to be realistic then these things can happen in sport/entertainment.

I do hope though that we see an angle on Raw/Smackdown where they do something with this, like a brand shake up with Vince saying that Raw won last night and decides to have a draft, this might help move the likes of Becky/Charlotte/Ronda and also fill a void with Roman also out for a little while, maybe move Styles across to Raw (with a rematch down the line somewhere with Daniel Bryan) and sort out the mess of a tag division. I think if there was ever an excuse or reason (in storyline terms) to have a brand draft then the 6-0 score is as good a reason as any for Vince to come out and say "Smackdown has been embarrassed, we are having a big shake up tonight". 

The Charlotte turn was very strange, they basically had her do exactly what you’d expect Becky to do and acted the same at the end of the match too.

The cynic in me would suggest they’re basically trying to make Charlotte a better version of the current Becky character, crowd seemed to buy it aswell, be interesting to see if this kills Beckys momentum, would normally say it wouldn’t but the crowd reacting so positively to Charlotte would say otherwise 

The crowd probably reacted strongly for a heel turn as they want her to be a heel against Becky and it was one of the few tines a year they do 4 shows in one city and that brings in loads of smarks.

In American sports, the shitty teams get the top draft picks, Smackdown could call up a few from NXT or at least get the first pick of men, women and tagteams as an example and Raw gets the second pick, or they trade Smackdown a "good" wrestler for a top pick or something

1 hour ago, 300 said:

Smackdown has a great roster though. Better than RAW already!

Yeah but you can pretend sending over guys like Ziggler, Nia Jax, Bray Wyatt (Ziggler & Jax are winning at this time and won at Survivor Series, no matter what people think of them) or whoever and Raw gets a better wrestler who is pushed less or a number 1 NXT draft pick

A shakeup could work. SmackDown needs a full-time main event babyface (Balor? Wyatt?) and Raw could do with at least one more main event heel - Samoa Joe hasn't got much going on on the blue brand at the moment. The Usos or New Day should really move to add some life and credibility to Raw's tag division, freeing up a slot for Gallows and Anderson to earn their wages. If the Aiden English/Rusev storyline is done, might as well shift English over to do something with Elias. Harper's been back in limbo for months since Rowan went down again, and would be an asset to either show. Raw's got Tyler Breeze, Zack Ryder, No Way Jose, Mojo Rawley, Titus and probably a few others all doing nowt except seeing which two of them have got a match on Main Event this week. Breeze in particular could shift back to SD with a bit of a reboot or revived mini-push. 

I'm not sure who I'd move in the women's division. For Mania matchups, I'd go with Becky winning the Rumble as a SmackDown gal and facing Rousey for the Raw belt. Then Asuka to win a shot at Charlotte for the SD belt, with a redemption story about her career taking a nosedive after losing the previous year. So I'd keep those four where they are. I'd maybe swap Naomi (if the Usos are going to Raw) and someone else for Sasha Banks and Bayley, who'd be sufficient opposition for a heel Charlotte between now and Mania season and can also do tag feuds with Absolution and the Iiconics.

I should be asleep.

They got me. They got me with the Bryan/Lesnar match. Like most people I was fearing yet another generic suplex assault, maybe even a Cena-like squash... and then with a kick to the dick the American Dragon went nuts (pun intended) and I fucking marked out! They actually managed to make me believe Brock might tap. Going in I wouldn't have believed for a second Lesnar might submit but in that moment I was almost yelling at the TV "Tap, you coasting bastard!!!"

Brilliant in-ring work from both of them and fair play to Brock: he put his work boats on and generously sold for Bryan, who looked as victorious as he possibly could in defeat. I just wish we got this Brock more often.

I love how Strowman clubbed Lesnar that one time and Lesnar stiffed him. Bryan was kicking him in the face and gave him a vicious forearm across the face and Lesnar didn’t react. Just shows how much respect Lesnar has for guys like Bryan. He sold his offence perfectly and even Brock’s facial expressions at the end of the match said “that’s one tough son of a bitch” 

My favourite Lesnar match for a long time and even thought Bryan was going to win at one point, been a while since I’ve had that feeling in a Lesnar match. 

I was convinced that Brock would just be phoning in his performances since his UFC return was announced to prevent any potential injuries. Seems daft to say considering the money he will be on but I’m glad he’s still willing to work because when he does, he’s fucking great. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Zaheer said:

Well once again I was completely entertained by what was on... Then again,  I actually enjoy watching wrestling. 

Think some people need to find a new hobby or something they enjoy. Seems to frustrate most of you... Watch something you enjoy watching :)

What you on about? everyone in here is pretty much in agreement that this was one of the best PPVs this year, with a handful of excellent matches.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, ThumpSquids said:

I just re-watched the final match, making it right to the show closing credits, and I loved the mutual smile Brock and Bryan give each other. 

Yeah, I asked the question a page or 2 back about Brock, and if he really did put in the great performance everyone was harping on about. Granted, I watched it through tight & tired eyes, so I did go back and rewatch it last night. I can see what people were talking about now. It was a great effort by Brock, at least in comparison to his typical outings. 

I’m so incredibly happy that the Charlotte vs Rhonda match went the way it did. It was class. 

Archived