Survivor Series

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't think people are booing Ronda because of her politics - half the roster get a free pass on that one - but because a large part of the audience resent being told who to cheer, and will stubbornly boo anyone that they see as "hand-picked".

• Paid Members

I’ve read quite a lot of praise for Brock regarding his performance.

Did I miss something?

Was it really that much different to any Brock match at all in the past year? I honestly can’t see the difference between his good matches or so called shit matches, they’re all exactly the same, but the opponent differs.

The consensus seems to be if Brock gives a shit about the other guy then he'll try a lick. He obviously thought Ambrose was a shithouse and couldn't be arsed with him, did you see the way Bryan laid those crossface forearms in, my word. I have a feeling Brock would go up backstage and shake his hand, look him in the eye and say "you are a tough bastard". Rspect earned, and in turn Brock gives a little more.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’ve read quite a lot of praise for Brock regarding his performance.

Did I miss something?

Was it really that much different to any Brock match at all in the past year? I honestly can’t see the difference between his good matches or so called shit matches, they’re all exactly the same, but the opponent differs.

He sold a lot more in this match than he does in most and did a fantastic job. Convinced me he was about to tap at one point.

Biggest disappointment in the match was when I thought Bryan might do the Bret Hart figure four around the ring post spot and then realised you can't with those stupid LCD posts.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

how comes the gay hating AJ Styles gets a free pass?

Does he? I've been pretty vocal on here about my dislike of him due to those reasons but I'll still watch his matches whilst rooting against him. He's obviously calmed a lot of it down (at least publicly) but he was dropping F-bombs and other homophobic slurs during matches/angles for years during his indy run.

David Bixenspan recently brought up the brilliant story of AJ being so religious that he refused to say the word 'ass' when talking about seeing the movie Jackass, opting instead to spell it out as 'Jack A-S-S'.

There's also the time someone cut the Austin 3:16 promo on him post-match, to which AJ grabbed the mic mid-promo and berated the guy for "disrespecting his Jesus" before throwing a water bottle at him (AJ wasn't a wrestling fan growing up, so the reference was probably lost on him).

I guess the barrier for 'art before artist' is pretty low for wrestling fans considering half the bloody roster of any generation are probably awful people. There's people still campaigning for Benoit to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame, for fucks sake, so I think enjoying a Ronda/AJ/'Taker match is fine in comparison. 

Woman beating wrestling megastar Steve Austin seems to be a tad bit popular with wrestling fans. I’d say that’s worse than saying you don’t want to fight men that now identify as women or have deeply religious views. Point being, wrestling fans in general don’t care about that stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I guess the barrier for 'art before artist' is pretty low for wrestling fans considering half the bloody roster of any generation are probably awful people. There's people still campaigning for Benoit to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame, for fucks sake, so I think enjoying a Ronda/AJ/'Taker match is fine in comparison.

True, call it ignoring it or burying my head in the sand(y hook) but I kind of view it as Ronda Rousey the prick plays WWE's Ronda Rousey on the TV, same as the AJ Styles on Smackdown is played by the homophobe.  If their personal beliefs and idiocies are worked into their character, then that's different, although the lines were massively blurred to begin with.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

He sold a lot more in this match than he does in most and did a fantastic job. Convinced me he was about to tap at one point.

Biggest disappointment in the match was when I thought Bryan might do the Bret Hart figure four around the ring post spot and then realised you can't with those stupid LCD posts.

Fair enough, don’t get me wrong, I saw he was selling Bryan’s attack, but really didn’t notice to that extent. Might be worth a watch back.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Woman beating wrestling megastar Steve Austin seems to be a tad bit popular with wrestling fans. I’d say that’s worse than saying you don’t want to fight men that now identify as women or have deeply religious views. Point being, wrestling fans in general don’t care about that stuff. 

Whoa, who was this?

It's fine to be deeply religious, but being hateful towards a certain sect of society isn't acceptable and religion isn't an excuse for it. I went to four fucking catholic schools growing up and not once were we taught to hate any body, whether it be for their gender, sexuality, race or whatever.

16 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Tell that to the guy who was calling Shelton Benjamin transphobic over the weekend after Shelton posted a picture of a truck with a sticker “I identify as a Prius”.

Much like how Gazza will be forgiven after what’s come out in the news today, Wrestling fans pick and choose with who they defend and who they condemn 

Archived