Survivor Series

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
28 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Tell that to the guy who was calling Shelton Benjamin transphobic over the weekend after Shelton posted a picture of a truck with a sticker “I identify as a Prius”.

I ended up having an unintended argument with one of his bashers in regards to ‘context’. That was a typical ‘look for offence’ effort, by the person who called him transphobic, the cretin. They then went on to tell me they didn’t know what I meant by context. I then had to explain what comedians were and taste etc.

It was a fun night.

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Actually, she said she would and would knock her out, she said that Fox would have an unfair advantage though.

Ah ok. I only remembered articles that said she’d either said no or that she would review these things case by case. What were the transphobic comments she made that you mentioned?

26 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Ah ok. I only remembered articles that said she’d either said no or that she would review these things case by case. What were the transphobic comments she made that you mentioned?

It was something about how Fox transitioned late after puberty so was still a man who just chopped off his dick, but as I can't seem to find anything backing that up, it would be wrong of me to cite it as an example, so accusation withdrawn.

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It was something about how Fox transitioned late after puberty so was still a man who just chopped off his dick, but as I can't seem to find anything backing that up, it would be wrong of me to cite it as an example, so accusation withdrawn.

I definitely remembered the transitioning late after puberty thing and that there wasn’t enough research done into whether it would be fair/safe or not.

Don't remember the yamaguchi san comment though but a dickhead thing to say if true for sure. At the time I remember thinking she handled it all pretty well. Far better than Dana anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

At the time I remember thinking she handled it all pretty well. Far better than Dana anyway. 

What seemingly gets overlooked is how Rousey was essentially wheeled out for PR and balance on the subject after Matt Mitrione got suspended for his stupid comments!  Compared to him, she looked like Paris Lees.

Well once again I was completely entertained by what was on... Then again,  I actually enjoy watching wrestling. 

Think some people need to find a new hobby or something they enjoy. Seems to frustrate most of you... Watch something you enjoy watching :)

Brilliant Survivor Series. It was better than NXT and that was good too. Last two matches were wonderful bits of work, easily two of the best this year.  Bryan slapping the yes lock back on a desperate Brock and Charlotte Flair chopping her way out of Rousey’s strikes were two lovely touches that will stick in the memory. I don’t think the crowd hates Ronda (yet) they’re just all in on Becky. The emotion was tangible in the women’s match. Gargano and Black felt like sub Taker/HBK melodrama to me, this had real spice to it, thanks in part to the background angles, Charlottes (gasp!) acting and hate and Rousey just generally being a nutter. Rousey is bloody tremendous it has to be said (again). A pro wrestling natural, her new ring gear is rad too.

The main event match and the turn come abruptly but I LOVE it, I can’t lie. We were all getting sick of whiny YES man Daniel Bryan weren’t we? He was floundering and had grown stale as a character. Not only was Brock/Bryan everything I dreamt it would be (including that head drop) Smackdowns world title scene just got interesting again. AJ has a great run but his time is up. Champion Heel Bryan is gonna be fucking great, mark my words.

Drake Maverick owned it on the kick off show. I don’t know about him pissing himself though!  Let this guy talk, he has something. The cruiser match spot was well thought out for once, Murphy/Ali was a nice pallet cleanser. 

Great weekend of wrestling.

• Paid Members

The main event was really a very good match. Brock gets shit on way too much, and to be honest I think very little of it is ever warranted. Over the last six years he has been in more must see matches and angles than anybody, and along with Cena for the first 3 of those years, and above even John for 3 years since, he has been the biggest star in wrestling. When the match hasn't lived up to expectations, Brock seems to get a lot of the blame, but to be perfectly honest that's really only been in the Ambrose match, and a few sub par HHH matches. HHH and Brock didn't really click and Lesnar Vs Ambrose, well, Dean isn't on Brock's level. This match was ace. It was strange that it was days after a Bryan heel turn, the way the match played out, but it delivered none the less. 

Raw going 6-0 against Smackdown was pretty ridiculous, considering the importance both shows will have in the pecking order by the time the next Survivor Series comes along. I'm guessing that it was done this way to play into a Stephanie Vs Shane angle, with Shane putting his control of Smackdown in the line in some kind of match. That way, luckily, we can get a double dose of Steph each week when she's around. 

Rollins and Nakamura delivered above what I anticipated for a Nakamura match at this stage. Very exciting, right to the closing bell. 

Archived