VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Oh really? Gonna have to get on that - I'm not a fan of most of their veggie-branded sweets (Veggie Percys are balls), and I miss fizzy cola bottles even more than I miss a Scotch Egg.

If you're vegetarian rather than vegan, have you tried the meatless scotch-eggs in Holland and Barrett? I really like them.

• Paid Members

We don't have an Asda :(

I'll have to check Holland & Barrett, not seen them there before. I tried the Quorn "savoury eggs", but found them far too dry. The Coach & Horses in Soho used to do an amazing veggie scotch egg, before they went full vegan.

• Paid Members

Local bakers used to do a cheese egg (cheese replacing the horse meat) that was divine. Can still get them in one place in Beverley but they're ÂŁ2.50 each! Used to be 55p in the bakers. No wonder they went bust.

I made my own earlier this year and they didn't come out bad. Were a tiny bit floury but they were a fuckload cheaper than ÂŁ2.50 so swings and roundabouts.

• Paid Members

Cheese is off the menu for me now, sadly, otherwise that sounds great. Where in Beverley does one? 

Saying that, I don't think in my entire life have I ever bought anything from a bakery in Beverley other than cheese straws, a cheese and onion pasty, and the odd mis-shapen gingerbread man.