VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as too snarky.

I actually did become vegetarian 100% for ethical reasons, I said it had nothing but a positive impact on my health but it's not why I did it, I still do loads of unhealthy shit.

No worries; fair play to you if you're getting an unexpected but welcome health benefit to your decision.

19 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Not vegan though. Terrified I'd become one of those people who has to mention that they're vegan every 20 minutes.

I know plenty of people who don’t talk about it, I just do what works for me. 

Ive actually got a vest that just says “VEGAN” across it in capital letters. I wore it out on the piss one night and some dickhead started shouting abuse at me for shoving my views down people’s throats. Naturally I accused him of shoving Jack & Jones down people’s throat. Then another Vegan who overheard me say that bought me a shot. Great night 

3 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Half the Avengers are vegan.

(Not enough) Iron Man?

Anyway, Temple of Seitan does the best fried chicken I've ever had. Waitrose has some excellent choices in their section now, including the lovely Higgledy pies, but again, the cost is prohibitive to a lot of people, which is a shame. Their vegan sandwich range needs to step its game up too.

I reckon I could drop meat from my diet no problem. I don't eat enough of it for it to make a huge difference, but I would miss cheese. Like JME says "If you don't like G-R-I-M-E, then you got no taste like vegan cheese". It really is the shits at the moment. Violife is awful.

Bit of a trek, but the best vegan food I've ever had was in Chicago.  Place called Native Food Cafe, they have a few branches across the US.  It's like a real casual diner and the spicy buffalo (BuffaNO?) wings were unforgettable.

8 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Yeah I’m so excited for Temple of Seitan, gonna make sure I do it at least once this week. I actually met JME the other week at a Vegan festival I went to, really sound bloke

Yeah, he's the nicest dude.

Oh, one more athlete you forgot earlier was Jermain Defoe. He contributes his vegan diet to the fact that he could prolong his career so long. Another lovely chap as well

32 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah, he's the nicest dude.

Oh, one more athlete you forgot earlier was Jermain Defoe. He contributes his vegan diet to the fact that he could prolong his career so long. Another lovely chap as well

There are quite a few vegan atheletes but I tried to list people from different sports who you wouldn’t expect. I’ve been meaning to make a compilation video featuring all the most notable people for ages now but it’s so hard to keep up with everyone’s diets, the level they do it to and so forth. Like I’m sure I read at one point Tom Brady was full vegan, but then I checked earlier and he is only mostly vegan. Don’t know if that’s upto date or what I read was wrong or out of date

1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Like I’m sure I read at one point Tom Brady was full vegan, but then I checked earlier and he is only mostly vegan. Don’t know if that’s upto date or what I read was wrong or out of date

You can't be "mostly" vegan, that's just silly. If Tom Brady is classified as "mostly vegan" then so am I, surely? His diet resembles much of what I've mentioned in this thread, which is no dairy, 15%-20% lean, high-quality meat, and a lot of fruit and vegetables.

6 minutes ago, David said:

You can't be "mostly" vegan, that's just silly. If Tom Brady is classified as "mostly vegan" then so am I, surely? His diet resembles much of what I've mentioned in this thread, which is no dairy, 15%-20% lean, high-quality meat, and a lot of fruit and vegetables.

That's what the TED video I posted mentions, how it's binary and doesn't take into account meat free days.  I guess if you look at it like "Straight Edge" where people seem to have their own rules regarding what is and isn't.  You have your core ones, like drugs and alcohol, but then some people don't include certain things in the drugs category.

23 minutes ago, David said:

I was referring to how I accidentally included him in my list of vegan atheletes because either his diet has changed or the original article I read was wrong. 

I don’t consider mostly vegan to be in the same category as an actual vegan. 

11 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I was referring to how I accidentally included him in my list of vegan atheletes because either his diet has changed or the original article I read was wrong. 

I don’t consider mostly vegan to be in the same category as an actual vegan. 

Mostly vegan is not vegan really, isn't it? I agree with you there mate, no doubt. As I mentioned, I'm at about 15%-20% meat as far as my diet goes, and I would never term myself anything other than a guy who loves veggies but is partial to a bit of chicken and tuna.

And @Keith Houchen, don't take the conversation down the route of straight edge. There may be athletes who are at the top of their game who are vegan, but the only "straight edge" athlete I know of is Phil Brooks, and last I checked he got his ass handed to him by a part-time MMA reporter who celebrated with a beer and a steak!

Just now, UK Kat Von D said:

No it’s not a thing, that’s just what the article said. 

Yeah, that's fair enough. And I'm not slating you for your choices, as everyone is entitled to do whatever works for them, and whatever fits with how they feel. I applaud anyone who takes a stand for something they feel strongly about.

All I was doing was offering another viewpoint, which is what discussion is all about. I've certainly learned a whole lot from the past few pages, which is nice.