Epic Fails

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
On 9/14/2018 at 9:38 PM, The King of Old School said:

99.9% of wrestling comedy is the shits. Has anyone ever really seen anything that was supposed to be funny in wrestling and genuinely laughed?

Only one i can think of is when Victoria came down to the ring in a fat suit and fell over.

Jason Sensation's impersonation of Owen Hart?

The skit that came from would never be allowed to go out today on the account of X-pac doing blackface.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Roddy Piper fighting Earthquake, Luther Reigns and his real life bodyguard who happened to be wearing boxing gloves is the standard which may never be topped. An angle that bombed so poorly, it actually had people turning onto Nitro just to watch it. I think it was one of the highest rated segments they ever done on Nitro. It was like watching the news coverage of Raoul Moat.

John Tenta was going to murder Arn Anderson the following week, when they dropped the angle, because he called Tenta an "amateur" during a promo. Stevie Ray said on his podcast, he was throwing chairs wanting to kill some fucker.

6 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

This was also how they ended that episode of Smackdown. The last Smackdown before Wrestlemania. Genuinely one of the worst wrestling moments ever.

I didn't get that at all. Was it meant to be funny? Were they trying to break kayfabe? There was no purpose to it at all. It might be the most baffingly shit thing I've ever watched in wrestling.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Roddy Piper fighting Earthquake, Luther Reigns and his real life bodyguard who happened to be wearing boxing gloves is the standard which may never be topped. An angle that bombed so poorly, it actually had people turning onto Nitro just to watch it. I think it was one of the highest rated segments they ever done on Nitro. It was like watching the news coverage of Raoul Moat.

John Tenta was going to murder Arn Anderson the following week, when they dropped the angle, because he called Tenta an "amateur" during a promo. Stevie Ray said on his podcast, he was throwing chairs wanting to kill some fucker.

Any links to that?

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I suppose you could point to Wrestlecrap for many examples, but the Survivor Series 94 match involving the “four Doinks” was pretty awful even for this 10 year old kid at the time.

Do we mean Doink,Dink, Wink & Pink or the one where the Bushwackers & MOM dressed as Doinks?

• Paid Members

Remember someone emailed in SCG Radio on one of their pods who really loved that MOM/Bushwackers as Doinks match. Hope he's received all the support he needed.

The one with the midgets is a guilty pleasure. That spot where Lawler makes the midget carry him on his shoulders is absolute gold.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Remember someone emailed in SCG Radio on one of their pods who really loved that MOM/Bushwackers as Doinks match. Hope he's received all the support he needed.

The one with the midgets is a guilty pleasure. That spot where Lawler makes the midget carry him on his shoulders is absolute gold.

That spot was ace. Lawler is incredible at times.

1 hour ago, Sheffbag said:

Thats the one, featuring Samu getting eliminated by slipping on the banana skin he threw himself as the other one was out of position. Vince fired the banana later that night 

I hear the banana skin went on to have great matches in Japan though.

Archived