I heartily endorse this event or product

PowerButchi

• Moderators

I don't know why, but one thing I love to watch is infomercials The more cheesy and american the better. Especisally how they create a problem which doesn't exist unless you are the world's thickest man. Occasionally there's a celebrity endorsement. And this norning I think I've seen my favourite ever. Ron Popeils 5-in-1 deep fat fryer, with a live audience testimonial by Flavor Flav! According to him "The Baby Back Ribs was off d'bone baby!".

So yeah, anyone else enjoy shit infomercials with/or quite frankly bizarre or nonsensical endorsements?

flava flav.jpg

• Paid Members

Not an infomercial, but Andy Scott selling van insurance is one of the best things committed to film. The premise of the advert is ridiculous and very much in the problem that doesn't actually exist mould.

"Back in the 70's when The Sweet were on tour, I didn't have time to look for van insurance".

"For a foxy deal on your van insurance, you should go to VanCompare.com. SWEEEEEEET!!!!!"

hqdefault.jpg

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Argument why the occasional megathread should remain. There's nothing more kick to the balls than "I think this is great" then it treated like a Fart in Church, Gladders.

I've done a couple recently that have had no bites either. They can't all be bangers!

Anyway, who wants a Steven Seagal energy drink?

odd-celebs-with-weird-product-sidelines-

• Paid Members

Just remembered a weird one — I was sat in a diner, with a typically massive menu, and when I got to the middle there was an extra page. It was ringbound, so I guess they swapped out the ads, and the ad in the middle featured Keith Hernandez of the '86 Mets and Seinfeld, shilling for a company that will buy your used gold jewelery.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

If I had the time I would link to the Jack Lalanne power juicer infomercial. It's great!

Yeah, I remember watching a couple of those, they're hilarious. I think this one might be what you mean though.

I worked in a video warehouse when I was younger (what were they all about eh? not videos, jobs) and one of the titles which always caught my eye was a video of first songs for a toddler.  It was presented by Suzi Quatro and the look on her face was pure "People used to wank over me in my leather catsuit and now I'm reduced to singing this shite"  I have never seen any of the actual footage.

Until now.

Archived