• Moderators
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm sure Gareth 'why the long face' Bale would do wonders for that dressing room spirit at Old Trafford.

Why the long face has flown himself back for Wales games, leads them in huddles and won champions league for them on his own last season. He's not the issue. He's a team polymer. Its those right wing Franco scum he went to. 

• Paid Members

Brazil squad for the Copa. Obviously very strong. Serious talent in goal and in defence and defensive midfield. Neymar and Coutinho in and around the forward line. Lacks a top striker though. I just watched the goals from World Cup 2006 the other night and they had Ronaldo and Adriano on the pitch at the same time. No one in this squad half as good.

image.thumb.png.d1c83be8f8140a764d50ee30aa2fcd4e.png

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Not much legs in that defence is there? Arthur could be key for them this summer, he's had a good first season at Barca. Lucas Paqueta is one to watch, too.

Home advantage is still massive in South American football, right? Otherwise I fancy Uruguay to win it. They have quality throughout with some excellent young midfielders.

• Paid Members

I don't think there will be many surprises this time round, and I would be amazed if my boys Chile won it again or even got to the final. Can't see past Brazil, Argentina or Uruguay for it, but in what I would expect to be a defensively tight tournament, Brazil's back line could be what loses it for them.

I'd back Venezuela to maybe spring a surprise, they've got some emerging talent and a lot more players in Europe these days, their teams at age group level have looked impressive since 2016.

• Paid Members

In midfield and forward positions they have. Defensively they're still very experienced but Isla, Medel and Jara are hardly about to knock off, plus they're still good players, so that's fair enough. Victor Davila looks a really good talent especially, he's been superb over the last year or so in Mexico. Not many natural goalscorers coming through for them though, which has been a problem for a long time.