UFC 223 is McFucked

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel like I'm going to cry.Ā 

Sack off the Khabib/Ferguson idea now. It's never going to end up materialising and it's doing my health no good getting myself excited for the idea.

Holloway is the man, and I hope he wins for the sheer size of his bollocks by agreeing to this fight, but this isn't ending well for him is it?

Fucking hell!

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferguson is no longer in the picture, this will be for the Actual Lightweight belt as Dana says in that little video clip.

But then if Conor decides to turn up they will probably change their minds and call it the Interim once again so fuck knows.Ā 

• Paid Members

ā€œFor me to commit to something like that, I need to see solid proof that people are gonna show up...I need to see active. I need to see activity. I need to see consistency.ā€

- Mystic MacĀ 

I do like the idea of an eventual Holloway vs. Conor fight with all four belts on the line though.Ā 

I wonder who will be declared the champion when Khabib wins after missing weight?

I can't see it happening, even despite how good he is, but I hope Holloway wins this one.

Absolute don. Moving up in weight, on 6 days notice to fight Khabib fucking Nurmagomedov. If you'd asked me to predict any potential replacements, his name would have never cropped into my head, but here we are. Astounding cajones on that boy.

Khabib vs Max is a fucker of a fight. They could not have found aĀ better replacement really. It's almost on par withĀ the initial fight.Ā 

Max is certainly the best featherweightĀ in the world at the moment. He's proven that quite conclusively in recent years. If you took aĀ poll amongst committed fans and experts on who is the best lightweight in the world at current time, I would expect Khabib to come out on top, despite not being champion.Ā 

Full credit to Max for stepping in. Even if he loses, he still has his featherwight title to fall back on. If he wins, heĀ probably becomesĀ the P4P kingpin. IfĀ Khabib wins, it would be his best win to date. He's faced some very good strikers, but not one quite as good asĀ Max.Ā 

• Paid Members

Well fuck me. I don't believe it. It's like telling an 8 year old on Christmas Eve that Santa Claus doesn't exist. That fight is completely cursed. If it ever ends up happening now, it'll be in some shit bare Knuckle promotion in the middle of nowhere when both men are in their mid forties.

• Paid Members

I can't get over Max stepping in and taking this one. Sorry Vince, but young Max will be requiring the Grapefruits nickname from now on.Ā 

• Paid Members

Cant help but feel there might have been a Conor McGregor carrot dangled in front of Max Holloway for this. If he somehow manages to win this we could see a callout and have the first dual champion vs. dual champion fight in UFC history between two guys who never got beaten for either belt. That would be some fucking story. The perfect for Conor's return too (who is in training).

Ā 

• Paid Members

There is just so much to unpack with this news. Of course the initial feeling is incredible frustration that this fight is no longer happening - you know inĀ some other dimension Tony v Khabib were on their 8th fight, where as in this one the fight doesn't happen but Trump and Brexit does. It's just a little mad we were so very nearly there and then Tony apparently slips. SLIPS. Now the fight won't happen for the foreseeable future. I don't believe in curses, but this combo slots somewhere between Superman and theĀ Kohinoor Diamond.

All things considered, the UFC did a tremendous job pulling Holloway out of their arse this close to the fight. Fair play to Max (and Khabib), stepping in there like this to fight someone like Khabib. Who knows, maybe he Bisping's it? Outside of telling usĀ we're getting Khabib v Conor, this is about as good as they can do. Lacks the natural intrigue of Tony v Khabib, but it's a bit of a super fight this. Although, granted, maybe should have happened in a year or twos time.

With the hand everyone has been dealt, it's a stellar match up.

Iā€™ve been looking forward to Tony/Khabib for forever, so my first response was crushing disappointment... but thereā€™s a small voice in my head thatā€™s getting louder and is saying ā€˜fuck it...I think this is betterā€™

I love Khabib, but the story now is Max beating him leading to Conor v Max in dual champ v dual champ in the biggest fight in forever and ever, amen.

Archived