UFC 223 is McFucked

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Aye. That's the thing with David typing Conor is scared of Khabib. I mean, us twits may be, but these are elite level fighters we're on about. I doubt you are at the level they're at and not think you can best any man in front of you. Particularly if you've just trounced the GOAT in your division, back-to-back. I mean DC still fancies himself if he gets another crack at Jon Jones.

It's a whole different mentality we're dealing with here.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

agree with that Bollocks, but if you are Conor McGregor and you are coming back the more appealing fight in every way has to be a rematch with Holloway especially if he holds both belts.

• Paid Members

Well, if Holloway bests Khabib, then it's the bigger fight, so aye. Conor doesn't mind a challenge, I think his career has proven as much. The whole "he's ducking folk" is something people have invented to detract from his achievements, IMO. A bit like when people were saying it about Bisping, who similarly has a history of being game as fook, but Bisping was purely just looking to cash in with the biggest fight possible.

I don't think McGregor is literally shaking in his boots at the prospect of fighting Khabib. I believe that in the back of his mind he knows that Khabib would give him hell. It's not that McGregor doesn't think he can beat him, it's more that he would rather not take the risk.

If McGregor was still a relatively poor and hungry fighter, and Khabib was the only prestigious fight on the table for him, I don't doubt that he would take that fight in a heartbeat. But given the position McGregor is currently in, he has some grounds to avoid him, or at least take alternative routes. 

We shall see.

• Paid Members

That's the way I see it Jim. I doubt Conor is waking up in a cold sweat and his own shit at the thought of fighting Khabib. But I'm sure if someone eliminated Khabib from the title picture before he comes back it'd be convenient. McGregor will want to come back and have the big fights and look good. If he's faced with Khabib as soon as he comes back in the door then shit could go wrong quick. 

• Paid Members

6 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

We shall see.

That's it jim. We can only go on his previous, otherwise we're dealing in speculation (on both parts, here). If he comes back and avoids the winner of the fight, then it's hard to argue he's not the driven and fearless individual he once was.

• Paid Members

yeh, it's not a case of ducking, im pretty sure all fighters have fights they'd like to avoid, i don't think it's a case of being scared or not even thinking they can't win, it's more that they wanna make the easiest path possible whilst also making the most amount of cheddar.

2 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Aye. That's the thing with David typing Conor is scared of Khabib. I mean, us twits may be, but these are elite level fighters we're on about. I doubt you are at the level they're at and not think you can best any man in front of you. Particularly if you've just trounced the GOAT in your division, back-to-back. I mean DC still fancies himself if he gets another crack at Jon Jones.

It's a whole different mentality we're dealing with here.

Hold the fuck on there, sport.

I didn't say Conor was "scared" of Khabib, I said that in the grand scheme of things Khabib isn't the fight that Conor wants. Christ, there's no one in the division (possibly even the entire sport) that would want the Khabib fight, especially when that person in question is wealthy as fuck and has already won two titles.

The style matchup, despite what Conor or Kavanagh may say, is possibly the worst Conor could face in his entire career.

Would he fight him if the money was right? Probably. Would he think he could beat him somehow? I'd believe that.

If he was given the option, would Khabib be the guy he'd want to fight? Not a fucking chance in Hell.

1 minute ago, ColinBollocks said:

Fair enough, David. Although the last line is up for debate. I've mentioned why above.

It isn't up for debate, he's not wanting that fight with Khabib, not under the current circumstances (ie; the money he'd likely get paid for it, and the reward). The style clash is an absolute nightmare for him.

It's as safe a bet as you can make that if he had to fight one of the two original combatants he'd have chosen T-Ferg all day long.

• Paid Members

Of course it is, mate. You're confusing your opinion with a bloke that has KO'd a scary bloke like Aldo in 13 seconds and fought one of the best boxers ever in a boxing match.

I can appreciate him maybe thinking another fight is maybe easier (although I think Ferguson is maybe equally or more tricky for Conor), but Conor maybe sees it as an ultimate challenge. Holloway isn't running away from Khabib. He had the choice of Khabib or Ortega and he went with Khabib. Obviously there are financial insentives there, probably, but Holloway has mentioned it's to do with legacy just as much. Holloway had that choice and went with Khabib on a weeks notice.

Maybe Conor, given the choice, wants to fight the best fighter so he can prove he's the best on the planet?

1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

fought one of the best boxers ever in a boxing match.

It was an exhibition match in all but name, Mayweather, even at his age and time in his career didn't need to get out of 2nd gear.  But yeah, McG wouldn't duck anyone but David isn't saying that he would.

• Paid Members

Yes, we've established that, but he did say given the choice he'd pick anyone else but Khabib (in fact saying no one wants it), which is pure speculation despite dear David saying it's not up for debate. As discussed, given the choice Holloway went with Khabib, so why wouldn't the champion of the division? Khabib is terrifying and brilliant, but it's exactly why some may want the fight because it's such a fucking killer challenge.

Conor walked in to the Mayweather fight thinking he'd knock him out. The mad bastard probably thinks he'll turn up and do Khabib in the 1st round.

My journo mate just said Khabib has just cancelled a load of interviews. Troublesome weight cut again?  If Khabib can't make weight for this fight then surely he's done at 155. 

I didn't think too much of it but he did sound irritated when talking about the weight cut and having to make championship weight for this fight on the MMA Hour this week. 

Archived