UFC 223 is McFucked

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nor do you say no to Kadyrov.

Yeah, the fact that he's managed to get an audience with a lot of top level athletes tells you all you need to know, as not all of them approve of his antics, surely?

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, that's my thinking.  On a different scale but back in the good old days of Italian football, when a big name signed for a club and the Ultras invited you to their welcoming dinner, you fucking went.

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yep, that's my thinking.  On a different scale but back in the good old days of Italian football, when a big name signed for a club and the Ultras invited you to their welcoming dinner, you fucking went.

Or in the same way as signing for Milan probably meant your wife or girlfriend had to laugh at Berlusconi's jokes and stories at the club Christmas night out!

Again, that Kadyrov fella is a bit like the older guy who'd gatecrash your mates house party when you were a kid, acting all mental, brandishing a knife and talking about how he's stabbed folk, whilst tanning a bottle of Buckfast.

You'd really wish he'd just fuck off, but you have to put up with his shite and laugh at his jokes because he's insane and you know he'll quickly turn from the laughing, over friendly menace to Edward Norton from American History X in a heartbeat. 

• Paid Members

Firstly, I'm not letting McGregor off the hook. He's made some shit remarks and looked like a complete skid in the process.

Secondly, Kadyrov is actually herding gay men into concentration camps, and having them killed! You tell me how being buddies with this guy is any less horrendous than being a homophobic misogynist douchebag. By all accounts (insofar as one can trust them), these guys are good buddies. 

I'm not saying this to defend Conor - quite the opposite. I'm saying Nurmagomedov should be viewed by the same lights. He's not some bantering tough guy with a playful streak, he's a crony of a murderous oligarch.

45 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

He's not some bantering tough guy with a playful streak, he's a crony of a murderous oligarch.

I guess the suggestion is that if Kadyrov wants you as a crony, you either are one or you're dead.  There is also the possibility that Khabib agrees with everything Kadyrov does and says.

• Paid Members

I guess, and it would also explain his joining in lambasting Fedor online for criticising Kadyrov's child MMA event (and his silence when Fedor's daughter was beaten up not long afterwards). But I don't know; there's something really unpleasant about the guy. That video with him and his buddies surrounding Lobov (regardless of whether or not Lobov said those things) showed the behaviour of a bully and a cock.

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nor do you say no to Kadyrov.

Werdum, Edgar & Weidman etc could, just say your busy sorry, not I'll come over for money, OK.  Khabib did come from a terrible area were Islamic fundamentalist recruite youngsters from there which is why the wrestling & sambo is so good in Dagestan, they want a safe way to grow up, without joining terror groups as if your wrestling, your left alone.

• Paid Members

Guessing this stems from that video of Khabib and his goons setting about Artem Lobov and trying to intimidate him.

I know Artem is fighting on this card but Conor himself wasn't set to attend this show, was he? Him and Artem have always seemed close so it's got to be something to do with that video. 

Fucking cock end. He's going to end up alongside Jones in terms of hugely gifted athletes happy to piss away their legacy at this rate.

It's a genuine shame that somebody who I used to root for massively, ahead of anyone else in the company I'd now happily pay to see get slapped around within the cage. It seems that every aspect beforehand that made him so easy to get behind and support has been stripped away by this money-driven, bully attitude. Wouldn't give a fuck now if he doesn't fight again.

Archived