• Paid Members

What Devon is describing is spot on. 

A while back I’m out Sunday walk when my dog bumped into my son knocking him the mud. We turned to go hone and caused a meltdown. I had no idea he had clicked to way we go every week but needless to say not allowing him to carry on caused issues. 

For the next 2 months I went out of my way to take him different ways each time ending with asking him to point to which way he wants to go.  The result is he is no longer set on his rails. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ralphy.  The road to find a disease, condition, illness or something else to fit your past and determine your future is a fruitless endeavour in so much that you are looking for something to defi

I hate to get involved in such subjects, because I'm no expert on the matter but one thing is crystal clear. You are not the right person to be analysing your own behaviour or diagnosing it. 

I know that this would be a break of habit for you but I implore you to take notice of @King Coconut and actually listen to the advice you are given for once.

Posted Images

She found the blue blanket that we'd had over the seat cushions on the old sofa, which I'd forgotten about. (After all of 2 hours in between getting rid of the old one and the new one arriving). She brought it over to us so we laid it on the new one. After a bit of encouragement, she sat on my wife's lap on it for about 5 minutes. Then a bit later with a bit more encouragement, she sat on it. She's been fine since and is sitting next to me on it right now. Thanks @Devon Malcolm and @quote the raven for your words yesterday. It seems silly now but it was such a massive downer and I was worried about her.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, hallicks said:

She found the blue blanket that we'd had over the seat cushions on the old sofa, which I'd forgotten about. (After all of 2 hours in between getting rid of the old one and the new one arriving). She brought it over to us so we laid it on the new one. After a bit of encouragement, she sat on my wife's lap on it for about 5 minutes. Then a bit later with a bit more encouragement, she sat on it. She's been fine since and is sitting next to me on it right now. Thanks @Devon Malcolm and @quote the raven for your words yesterday. It seems silly now but it was such a massive downer and I was worried about her.

Ahh, glad it worked out alright.

Even when they're older and you think you've experienced everything that you think might upset them, something else will come along, but I kinda love that challenge from time to time because it keeps me on my toes and it's always really satisfactory when you find a solution and discover a bit more about them. They're absolute treasures, the little sods. This little experience will have helped you in more ways than you probably realise right now.