Autism

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

People shouldn't care about doubling posting. You can't wait for someone to respond. This place sometimes....

Anyway, sorry to hear about your day. At least you are aware you may have done something in the wrong tone. I find out when I am told I have. The likelyhood is everything is fine and no-one is upset. But if you feel you may have just text. Say something like sorry you may of been a bit of with you earlier, you just caught me at a bad time. That way it gives them a reason to respond and you can rest your mind a bit. That's what I would do anyway.

Do you have problems walking normally? I only recently found out I walk on my toes first rather then heal first and never knew there was a right way. But have been conscious about it ever since.

I'm just very clumsy. If I don't think about how I'm walking I tend to have a bouncy gait.

I'm not usually saying things in the wrong tone, but worried I have. I spent about a year as a teenage afraid to thank the driver when getting off a bus because I thought I'd forgotten how to sound sincere when I was saying it. I'll probably mention something tomorrow if I get chance to talk to them. I think the excitement of my mate taking me to that festival may have contributed as well. We're a bit busy at the moment with some staff training to drive the MEWPs we have, so can't even really try and sneak a couple of days off in to try and chill. I'll have a quiet weekend. Should help. Play some Okami, or some more Forza Horizon 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Saw my Doctor this morning. He gave me a number for the Autism Service and said I shouldn't really have had to wait more than a year. I'm going to give them a ring on Monday as I'm on an early shift then and my other half will be on hand to take over the call if it gets a bit much for me. 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Saw my Doctor this morning. He gave me a number for the Autism Service and said I shouldn't really have had to wait more than a year. I'm going to give them a ring on Monday as I'm on an early shift then and my other half will be on hand to take over the call if it gets a bit much for me. 

Is that a local autism service? It’s really good your doctor is trying to help. Mine was bloody useless

On 2/18/2020 at 2:47 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

People shouldn't care about doubling posting. You can't wait for someone to respond. This place sometimes....

Big difference between posting again after a day or two and posting again after a minute or two. It’s a forum, not a chat room 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Is that a local autism service? It’s really good your doctor is trying to help. Mine was bloody useless

It's the Manchester one. This is the third GP I've mentioned this to in about 10 years. The first one wrote it off as "anxiety and depression", and the second one didn't want to send me for a diagnosis as he didn't want me to be stuck with a label. My current GP is really good with things like this. 

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's the Manchester one. This is the third GP I've mentioned this to in about 10 years. The first one wrote it off as "anxiety and depression", and the second one didn't want to send me for a diagnosis as he didn't want me to be stuck with a label. My current GP is really good with things like this. 

I need to chase up my care service as I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression last summer and as I didn’t want a group session, I’m on the waiting list for an appointment. The doctor also said speaking to a therapist is the only way I can get a referral for an autism assessment 

• Paid Members

I had to see a psychiatrist first in order for him to refer me to the Autism Service for diagnosis. I presume it's for further support afterwards? 

He was so patronising. I couldn't get the words out to begin with so he asked Mt other half some stuff, then I'd answer some questions as well, and so he told my partner that she didn't have to speak now that I was. We saw his report afterwards and it looked like he'd been fudging the details as well. 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I had to see a psychiatrist first in order for him to refer me to the Autism Service for diagnosis. I presume it's for further support afterwards? 

He was so patronising. I couldn't get the words out to begin with so he asked Mt other half some stuff, then I'd answer some questions as well, and so he told my partner that she didn't have to speak now that I was. We saw his report afterwards and it looked like he'd been fudging the details as well. 

That sounds absolutely terrible. So sorry you had to experience that. I’d have probably complained to their team

• Paid Members

It's not your fault. I guess it was just his manner. If it gets me a step closer to the support I need then it's one of those things. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

My Wife freaked out last night. The NHS are supposed to be in touch for those affected. I know a few people who have been contacted already (for Diabetes). But Learning difficulties is such a big arena (like Autism) that is it going to apply to everyone, or those who may live in sheltered accommodation/waldon control. There is nothing I can personally think of about my son which makes him more then risk, unless I am missing something

• Paid Members

It has to be for hygiene reasons. And lack of understanding bout distancing and what not 

Physically my son is just a fit as any other 11 year old. 

The school was down to 30 percent staff (underlying health) and 30 percent kids today. 

They have done something very very noble tho. They have said that should the school close any parents who are front line staff may contact the head. Im guessing they will look after these kids at school or at home so they can get to work. 

Im now looking though the home pack and setting up for tomorrow. Going to try and keep him on school time at home. Hes not going to like that but no way he sits around on the ipad for the next how many weeks. 

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

It has to be for hygiene reasons. And lack of understanding bout distancing and what not 

Physically my son is just a fit as any other 11 year old. 

The school was down to 30 percent staff (underlying health) and 30 percent kids today. 

They have done something very very noble tho. They have said that should the school close any parents who are front line staff may contact the head. Im guessing they will look after these kids at school or at home so they can get to work. 

Im now looking though the home pack and setting up for tomorrow. Going to try and keep him on school time at home. Hes not going to like that but no way he sits around on the ipad for the next how many weeks. 

Well, now they have announced that schools are to be open for those of key workers as well as those who have a social worker and educational health and care plans. So my son continues, my daughter doesn't (shes devastated as she loves school) so I guess no quarantine unless symptoms

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Yes, my 11yo has an EHC so she'll be continuing too, unless the school closes off its own back. This is why I've been irritated by arseholes on Twitter calling for ALL schools to be closed, forgetting there are different circumstances for a number of students, who rely on school for a number of reasons. If she's at home, she's going to want to be taken out all the time and there's fuck all open and half the public transport has been taken off, and she'll go mad. As will I. Her school is a really safe and enclosed environment. Try telling it to these Twitter twats though.