Disgusting

Devon Malcolm

My tolerance to stuff has decreased as I've got older. The scene in Jackass where Tony Hawks (I think it was him) got one of the regular crew to drink horse spunk for money was the cue for me to turn it off. 

Also City of God, and the sheer terror in the eyes of the little kid gang when one got shot in the foot, the crying... There's no way that was being acted, couldn't watch it. 

27 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

We were teens, generally played the N64, had a smoke and drank. Typical Friday around Barry’s flat.

Then my mate pulled out a video he bought from HMV.

’Banned in America’

What the fuck was this about? None of us properly had the internet and this video suddenly became a direct path to hell. Now I know it’s a full video rather than a scene, however thinking about it now, what makes me wretch is the fact it was available to buy in HMV. Jesus.

That was a mondo film similar to Faces of Death, but unlike that film none of it was fake. It was all just news footage from yank telly, I remember it mostly because that was the first time I saw the Budd Dwyer suicide footage on it.

I had a mate who had a laser disc player and used to import films from the states, then sell VHS copies of the films. So back in the mid-late 90s I watched a lot of video nasties uncensored. So to see that film got past the BBFC was shocking at the time. When you consider that you couldn't get Clockwork Orange in the UK at the time.

18 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yes, absolutely. There's a similar thing to this in I Saw the Devil where someone gets their ankle sliced and it's equally vile.

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance has a similar scene where the back of the ankle is sliced that I found to be just as hard to watch. I found the ending of Mr Vengeance, where the group pin a note to the chest of Dong-jin and leave him to die, to be quite disturbing the first few times I watched the film as well.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That's because Clockwork Orange wasn't banned by the BBFC, it was pulled from distribution by Kubrick.

TIL

Cheers Keith, just read up about that now. I’ve always believed the myth that it was simply banned, never knew it was pulled by Kubrick due to copycat violence.

- I once got stuck into a family size chocolate trifle from the Co-Op while I was watching Human Centipede 3.

- Maybe as I found it super cringey, but that sex scene from Munich was hard to watch.

- Any sex scene when watching a film with the family. Is there anything worse? I remember watching Monster's Ball with my parents as a teen and Billy Bob Thornton giving a Halle Berry a proper smashing being the most uncomfortable 5 minutes of my life. I was tempted to go all George Costanza and shout "that's gotta hurt!" but it would have probably made it more awkward.

Edited by The Maestro
Wanky Bum AIDS

• Paid Members

The rape in This is England 86 did for me. Watched the following ep and never wanted to watch it since.

Maybe just me but I watch Fictional TV and movies to escape. If I wanted to see the worst of humankind, I'd read or watch documentaries. Not saying every TV show should be produced by North Korea but I'd rather watch something that improves my mood.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The rape in This is England 86 did for me. Watched the following ep and never wanted to watch it since.

Maybe just me but I watch Fictional TV and movies to escape. If I wanted to see the worst of humankind, I'd read or watch documentaries. Not saying every TV show should be produced by North Korea but I'd rather watch something that improves my mood.

Absolutely agree.