Disgusting

Devon Malcolm

8 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

The Greenhouse scene in Scum.

Was coming in here to post that. "Quick burn Sir?" *shudders*It's utterly revolting, in fact when the young lad slits his wrists is incredibly grim too.

I was allowed to watch pretty much any film I wanted when I was young that weren't age appropriate, but I remember my Dad going bat shit crazy at my sisters when he found out they had shown me Scum.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Make a wish!

Can't wait to see what disgusting murders S. Craig Zahler comes up with Dragged Across Concrete.

Have you read any of his books? I read his two Westerns after watching Bone Tomahawk, and fucking hell, they're even more brutal and violent than the movie. Doesn't hold back at all.

A lot of Bone Tomahawk shocked me, just because of how visceral the violence is, and how little he shies away from it - to the point that the scene posted earlier was shocking, but felt like it had been built up to. Still fucking horrible, though. It's the only part that feels genuinely gratuitous, and maybe unnecessary, but given the levels of "ordinary" violence you've already seen at that point, I suppose you need something really insane to up the ante.

Actually, one of the bits of that film that grossed me out even more is when you see the women of the Albino tribe as everyone's escaping - if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about. Fucking horrible.

9 hours ago, Call me Bellend said:

The most disgusting thing I've ever seen in a film is 70s Italian horrors like Cannibal Holocaust that feature real animal torture and killing in lieu of special effects, absolutely unforgivable and it makes me sick thinking about it.

Yeah, definitely Cannibal Holocaust. Fucking disgusting, horrible stuff. I love a video nasty, and love an Italian horror, but fuck any director killing tortoises for shock value. Same reason, as much as I absolutely love Werner Herzog, I'll never watch Even Dwarfs Started Small - fuck off with that shit.

• Paid Members

When the Asian lass' eyeball was cut off at the stalk in Hostel genuinely made me heave in the flicks. I had nachos and cheese sauce and the gik that came out of her was akin to what I was eating. Awful stuff and I get that watery mouth now even thinking of it.

A Serbian Film was horrific but that actually made me well up with tears that somebody had such a horrible mind to put that out and it upset me personally due to the fact that I actually watched it.

I saw Irreversible in the IFC in Dublin way back when it released, while on a date with an actress. You haven't experienced genuine discomfort and nervous belly until you've witnessed 'that' scene in a packed room with your date that is completely enraptured in and excited about what's transpiring in front of you all.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

A lot of Bone Tomahawk shocked me, just because of how visceral the violence is, and how little he shies away from it - to the point that the scene posted earlier was shocking, but felt like it had been built up to. Still fucking horrible, though. It's the only part that feels genuinely gratuitous, and maybe unnecessary, but given the levels of "ordinary" violence you've already seen at that point, I suppose you need something really insane to up the ante.

Actually, one of the bits of that film that grossed me out even more is when you see the women of the Albino tribe as everyone's escaping - if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about. Fucking horrible.

Indeed. I went to the cinema to watch it and I've never experienced the collective exhale of breath from an entire room like that before, once the scene was over. No screaming or moaning, just an audience in complete shock at what they just saw. Again, as you point out, this was after nearly a films worth of some proper nasty visuals, elevated by a film you're invested in because it's well made.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Another one, TV this time. The Walking Dead, Negan exacting revenge on our main characters with the barbed wire baseball bat. I get the writers are trying to up the ante every time, to make the next villain worse than the last, but a lot of this felt needless. Similarly to the way GoT has gone. As wrestling fans, we probably understand more than most the need to build up a villain so that the eventual payback is satisfying, but there are times when it feels like there is no payback possible that could match up to the sheer horrendousness that some characters commit in those series.

• Paid Members

The only things in films that really turn my stomach, are scenes with surgery and gross eating.

There is a couple of examples of each in the new Hellraiser:Judgement, but the scene with the dog made me wince a bit(won't go into any more detail as I'm not sure how to spoiler tag...).

• Paid Members

Passion of the Christ gets the nod from me just because it's an uncomfortableness that's sustained throughout the entire film.

Also that bit in Black Swan where she peels that bit of skin off her finger. Yeuck.

• Paid Members

We were teens, generally played the N64, had a smoke and drank. Typical Friday around Barry’s flat.

Then my mate pulled out a video he bought from HMV.

’Banned in America’

What the fuck was this about? None of us properly had the internet and this video suddenly became a direct path to hell. Now I know it’s a full video rather than a scene, however thinking about it now, what makes me wretch is the fact it was available to buy in HMV. Jesus.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi