Disgusting

Devon Malcolm

• Awards Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I never made it past the eclipse scene in Geralds Game, does it get worse than that?

Oh fuck yeah. Although it depends on your triggers I guess. 

she escapes from the handcuffs by effectively turning her hand into a skin glove and slipping it through the metal ring.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What were you expecting when you watch All Dogs Go To Heaven?!

(oooh) Heaven being a place on earth!!!

Oooh (not Heaven being a place on Earth). The bird tattoo under the 13 year old's eye in The Shield

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The most disgusting thing I've ever seen in a film is 70s Italian horrors like Cannibal Holocaust that feature real animal torture and killing in lieu of special effects, absolutely unforgivable and it makes me sick thinking about it.

In terms of fake stuff in movies, someone getting their spinal cord clipped with shears in Wolf Creek, someone casually getting her finger snipped off with secateurs in House of Wax and someone getting his fingernails pulled out in American Assassin are the first things that come to mind.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The rape scene in Irreversible is the most uncomfortable I have ever felt during a film; that was really rough.

The bit with the fire extinguisher is pretty grim as well.

• Paid Members

I didn't like when Bane blinds Neo with the electric cable in Matrix Revolutions. I've got a thing about people being blinded. It's pretty grim. I remember an episode of He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe where they end up blind as well, and that one stayed with me for a while. I liked the message of "just because somebody has a disability doesn't mean they're useless", and understand about eyesight deteriorating over time, but it's the forcible loss of the sense. It might not even be just blindings, but the forcible removal of a sense. I was a little unnerved when Buddy shot the gun right next to Baby's ears in Baby Driver as well.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Fred Gwynne getting his ankle sliced in Pet Cemetery. I don't think anything has made me wince as much.

Yes, absolutely. There's a similar thing to this in I Saw the Devil where someone gets their ankle sliced and it's equally vile.

On Cannibal Holocaust, there is a version doing the rounds that removes all the animal cruelty and without it really is a pretty tame and unremarkable film. And shit, too.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I didn't like when Bane blinds Neo with the electric cable in Matrix Revolutions. I've got a thing about people being blinded. It's pretty grim. I remember an episode of He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe where they end up blind as well, and that one stayed with me for a while.

byker-grove-eyes-o.gif