2018 is bloody lovely

Kaz Hayashi

Have just received an email from the only Uni I applied to in regards to completing a Mathematics Equivalency test which they state is only for people "accepted onto teacher training courses".

Made up is an understatement.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Thanks to everyone that said nice things but turns out I'm an idiot. Oh well, five great weeks. And I'll never spout off prematurely again.

• 2 months later...

Hello all. Some good news for me. After a horrendous 9 months or so after losing my flat after getting into financial difficulty (well documented elsewhere), and after 3 house shares in that time, with some absolute dangers in those properties, I've just picked up the keys to my very own flat again :)

Its very nice, big enough for me, and crucially, I can finally have my 2 girls stay over with me on weekends again. I'm over the moon with that. Can't tell you how much not having that has affected me.Ā 

Honestly looking forward to being able to have a piss at any time of the night without having a panic attack about waking someone up. Love to you all x

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. There is always room on the Bacon couch for all the UKFF if they're in Surrey (I mean, why would you be... but still)Ā 

BTW, anyone thinking of renting and daunted by the deposit side of things, check out Leaders as they offer a no deposit option which is obviously more affordable. They've been superb to be fair...

• Paid Members
On 3/11/2018 at 6:28 AM, Wretch said:

Found out yesterday that our offer has been accepted on a house we love and that we completely lucked into.

Getting the keys to our gaff next Friday morning. After three looooooonngg months of chasing solicitors and people fromĀ the bank, it's finally over. Fuck doing this again in the future, the stress of it all nearly done me in.Ā 

I know this is exciting to nobody but me, but I'm absolutely buzzing. I really haven't been this excited in a long time. After 11 years of renting rooms in sharedĀ housing withĀ strangers (ugh), we've got our own little home now.

• Paid Members

Congrats, Wretch.

Why is it such a slog to get a house purchase over the line? When we bought our flat, we didn't even have a bank involved but trying to get the solicitors to work in tandem with the home sellers to get it done even slightly quickly was a real headache.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Congrats, Wretch.

Why is it such a slog to get a house purchase over the line? When we bought our flat, we didn't even have a bank involved but trying to get the solicitors to work in tandem with the home sellers to get it done even slightly quickly was a real headache.

According to a friend of a friend who used to do this sorta thing for a living, they could have it done in a week if they really wanted to. TheyĀ drag things out to make you feel like you're getting your money's worth out of them.

Or something.

• 2 months later...

2018 has been a massive year for me so far.

Ā 

I got married February 15th. We got married in Philadelphia as that's where she lives. We met onlineĀ in November 2002 through a mutual love of wrestling and heavy metal, became a couple in October 2004, met face to face in October 2007 and engaged in April 2010.

Ā 

We've been doing the back and forth all this time so to finally get married was a big achievement. I flew out with my parents on Saturday 10th, we applied for the marriage license on the Monday before going to New York for three days. We married on the Thursday with her friends and family there and then I was on a plane back to England Saturday night. So no honeymoon yet.

Ā 

Put an offer in for a house Feb 26th which was accepted straight away. After a long process the house sale was finally completed May 16th. Moved into the house officially 3rd August.

Ā 

Started a job July last year but was finally made Permanent in March. Got a pay raise in April.

Ā 

Applied for my wife's UK spousal visa late June. Finally got the visa Monday just gone so in the process of booking her and our cats flights so with any luck, two weeks today she'll be here in England in our house.

Ā 

A lot of this has been a long time coming. But 2018 is finally the year in which everything is coming together.

• 3 months later...

After approximately a year and a half of trying, I finally got tickets for my eldest and her Mum to see fucking Harry Potter the play.Ā 

I was actually sweating as I was redirected from the queue and let out a big ā€œGET IN!ā€ as I paid. Iā€™m Fucking skint now for the rest of the year but their faces on Christmas Day will be well worth it.Ā 

Archived