2018 is bloody lovely

Kaz Hayashi

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Day 3 in and all’s going grand. 

I’ve just been asked to join a wedding band as a front man. No idea if I will yet. It’s been ages since I’ve performed live and it could mean a long gig most Saturdays. I’m not sure if I can be arsed, but the money is appealing. Can easily walk away with £150 each, per gig. Either way, I’m going to pop to a rehearsal next week. The fact I’ve been asked is pretty humbling.

Do it!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I decided to break up my changes. Quitting smoking and cutting out chocolate and Pepsi Max Cherry, plus eating better, all in week one was too much. So i'm still smoking. But three days in, and I'm eating a lot of fruit, drinking lots of water and eating well. No pop, no 'treats.' So that's a start.

I also finally got Ryanair to sort out a compensation claim I had from their clusterfuck last year, so will get 250EUR off them in a couple weeks. Not a huge amount, but it really helps at the moment since I'm not earning.

So much of the first half of this year is going to be based on my leg. I'm currently able to put weight on my leg again, albeit inside an aircast boot, but it's too difficult and exhausting to get anywhere I need or want to go with that boot and the crutches, for instance getting to the tube station and getting to uni (and it'd cost me about £80 a week to get taxis there and back, so that's a no go.) I've got an x-ray next week and i'm crossing my fingers that the fracture will have fully healed and maybe they say I can start walking without the boot. Once that happens, I can start getting some proper exercise and, most importantly, be released from the prison that my home has become these last nine weeks. Honestly. i used to think being home all the time and not having to do anything was the dream, but it sucks. I feel incredibly depressed. I know that's because I'm stuck at home 99% of the time. So, yeah, the best thing that could happen in the next few weeks and months will be walking like a normal person again. For that, I cannot wait.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

. I’m out of the habit of anything that’s not wiping arses or removing danger. 

What can I say, it's been a pleasure staying with you over Christmas. 

• Paid Members

Some of these stories are really heart warming! Thanks for sharing guys. :)

For me, I don't have anything nearly as good but 2018 is all about self improvement and positivity! 

On Tuesday I started the DDP Yoga programme in a last ditch effort to try and lose weight and feel good about myself.  Also this year my first novel will be re-published in a far better format than it's prior shambolic effort. I'm also lined up to do a few voice over jobs too.  So the year has started well! Let's hope it continues!

• Awards Moderator

So, I’ve mentioned in a couple of threads that things haven’t been the best as of late, from a mental health and well-being point of view. Struggled loads and been getting inside my own head and making it ten times worse.

But one of my best mates and the nicest bloke I know fucked off to Texas nearly four years ago after meeting a girl, who’s now his wife. We were so happy for him yet gutted that we’d be unlikely to see him for a long, long time. We’ve Skyped and whatnot to keep in touch over the years, but I’ve missed the bugger so much. He was in a bad way before he met her so we’re so glad he’s now got everything he ever wished for.

He and his new family came back for a couple of weeks and whilst we’ve seen each other a fair bit during that time, last night was a big do for his little girl’s first birthday and for everyone to meet his new family. 

Me, him and his younger brother danced our arses off to Springsteen, we had the most fantastic chats, laughed like never before and ended up out in town until the early hours with a great little group. After the last few months, I honestly cannot stop smiling at having such a fantastic night with my mate, his family and friends and I’m feeling much more positive after seeing how happy someone can be after having a bad time themselves. Mates, when they’re as good as this one, are amazing when it comes to feeling better about life. I'm going to be a mess when he goes back on Tuesday, but last night's going to keep me smiling for a bloody long time.

Lennons.png

6 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

But one of my best mates and the nicest bloke I know fucked off to Texas nearly four years ago

I've had the Fender Telecaster for 4 years?

Glad you had a fantastic time!

• Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I've had the Fender Telecaster for 4 years?

Glad you had a fantastic time!

Think it’s more about 3 since you bought that, as he only started flogging his gear about 8 months after moving there. Still mental that it was so long ago when a drenched Sam and I turned up at yours with it!

Had a fairly marvellous week. 

Managed to get myself speaking and meeting with an ex-girlfriend who I couldn't have ever envisioned seeing again. We're off to Knowsley on Sunday and London in February. I'm fairly certain she's the best thing that's happened to me so that's ace. The little group of children I work with closely for Maths and English have been making fantastic progress recently with SATS not too far away and today I've sent off my UCAS application for September to hopefully go and do teacher training.

Little things!

• Paid Members

It’s nice to read a lot of this stuff even just to raise a smile. Some of the discussions have been a bit dark on here recently, a couple of threads in particular.

Anyway, I’ve lost around 5lbs in the last week due to getting back on the health. I have determination to stick at it for the first time in a while. I became very lazy and complacent... it’s amazing how tiring that becomes.

• Paid Members

My eldest daughter did her 11 Plus yesterday and I was a bit worried because she'd not done any revision because I made the mistake of letting her have Minecraft a few months ago. But she says she breezed through it so clearly she's not a chip off the old block, which is a blessed relief.

Archived