2018 is bloody lovely

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

This has been an interesting year for me. External politics & general earth on its arse aside, it’s been a testing year. On one hand I have a truly amazing family and remind myself about this everyday. At times it’s been the only thing that’s got me through the shit and rightly so.

I started a business this year. It started as a hobby, but has grown in to what it is now. It’s not been easy, some of the finer details have been bloody awful and I’ve nearly packed it in on more than one occasion. It’s been eye opening in regards to trust and just how fucking sketchy some people can be.

My general job is now horrid. It’s turned in to a pure money making exercise. I the level of support I’m able to offer kids has dramatically changed due to the role becoming 90% administrative. I don’t feel I’m actually adding anything to their lives compared to what my role used to be. 

I don’t mind admitting I’ve had to access counselling due to some other personal circumstances which has completely kicked my arse. 

On the flip side, I started a business and have some high hopes & new avenues for 2019. I have a job and security (for now) and above all, I have a really mint family. Incredibly supportive.

I signed the year off by dressing up as Santa for a kids party this morning. It was the first day I’ve felt proper Christmasy this year, the kind of end to the year I needed.

F5007396-1D4A-4CFD-93C2-ECE47D10177F.thumb.jpeg.598f02956f5c6ee6d983b1c9c98c72ce.jpeg

Bring on 2019. Hope through all of the shit you lot have managed to experience some great moments this year, don’t forget to think about them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived