Biggest Pop Outside Of Wrestling

rubbafish

22 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

There's probably only one man in the gaming industry who could get a proper big pop and that's Hideo Kojima, after being publicly shat on by Konami he showed up at the Sony 2016 e3 show.

That's a pretty good shout. I would probably mark like that if Ron Gilbert came on stage :)

• Paid Members

This is a big pop, especially for a reasonably small room. I may need to do some explaining. This is a match from Evo, which is the world's biggest fighting games tournament. Daigo Umehara and Justin Wong were at the time two of, if not actually the two best in the world at Street Fighter III: Third Strike, which features a mechanic called parrying. Instead of pressing away from your opponent to block their attack, if you time it right and press towards the opponent your character will knock their attack aside and give you a few frames of advantage with which to punish said opponent. It was introduced to try and stop people whittling away their opponents' life with chip damage by standing full screen and spamming projectiles.

, hence

• Paid Members

When Sir Tom hit the first note to 'Sex Bomb' at the RDS, and all the women squealed and lobbed their bras in the air. My wee ear drums are still in Dublin.  

• Paid Members
On 12/7/2017 at 5:42 PM, Keith Houchen said:

The AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO one as well, in terms of music, pop music has massive ones. Even the "Ladies and gentleman, Mr Elton John!" One is huge.

EDIT - Jeff got there!

Yeah, that's got to be the loudest one by a country mile. So is the one from the Freddie Mercury concert you're talking about.

ADDED: Some of those Jean-Michel Jarre 80s concerts got some mental crowds, especially his "Rendezvous in Houston"..

Archived