Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

Not sure of the timeline as to when both of those did it, but depends on what you class as disastrous. Disastrous for their win/loss reocrd, probably, but in the more important business of cash, they probably made way more cash by getting rid, and the potential benefit such experienced guys would get from having 'proper' coaching at that point in their career is probably open for debate.

I know he's a bit of a shit, but I've always enjoyed his fights. One of those guys that's wired up different and a born fighter. He's on a terrible run, so it's understandable, and he was probably being paid plenty more than his worth in UFC's eyes. 

Jeremy Stephens - recent record of 0-5-1, 3 knockout of the night awards, six fight of the night awards, and a performance of the night award. Released.

Sam Alvey - recent record of 0-6-1, recipient of one solitary performance of the night award over five years ago. Still on the roster.

Where is the fucking justice?!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not gonna put it in the Fight Announcement thread because there’s nothing official yet but there’s been talk of a Michael Chandler vs Tony Ferguson fight. First from Dana a few weeks ago and it’s been popping up more this week with MMA Junkie even running an article on it with quotes from Chandler;

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/02/ufc-news-michael-chandler-says-tony-ferguson-has-screw-loose-unpredictable-matchup

Seen it rumoured for UFC 274 in May, which would really make that a stacked card alongside Glover vs Jiri, Oliveira vs Gaethje and Cerrone vs Lauzon.

What do you reckon? I’ve actually seen a fair bit of negativity to this matchup with people acting like it’s a pure squash match for Chandler. I’d definitely favour him but I still think Fergie could give him a fun scrap. Plus who are people expecting them to pair Chandler with next? As fun as he’s been so far in the UFC, he’s 1-2 and coming off 2 losses. Ferguson’s still a name and has a style that makes an exciting fight with anyone. I’m in.