Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Fuck. This needs to happen.

And unlike a lot of fighters who posture on Twitter and say they’ll fight anyone then find 100 reasons to say no (yes Nate), Dos Anjos’ track record proves he just doesn’t give a fuck. He’ll literally fight anyone. If he can stop Fiziev’s rise then it’ll give him a nice boost, and obviously it’d be a huge scalp for Fiziev if he wins. I hope it gets signed and I hope it does headline as well. RDA’s on about Jan/Feb and there’s a Fight Night scheduled for Feb 19th that’s currently lacking a main event. Perfect. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I was sure it’d be Poirier vs McGregor 4 next but I’m not even sure when McGregor is due to return. Could swear I read it’s looking like close to the summer. So I’d be well up for this in the meantime. They’ve been going back and forth for a while now and it was supposed to happen back in 2018. Sod it, get it booked and have either one of them fight McGregor on his return. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Obviously it’s just some bloke’s guesswork but I just saw someone on Twitter suggest that UFC 273 (currently scheduled for Brooklyn in April) be headlined by Colby Covington vs Jorge Masvidal, with Gilbert Burns vs Khamzat Chimaev as co-main.

I’d be fine with that despite the lack of a title fight but I think it’d be even better if they whacked Usman vs Edwards 2 on top for the belt. Could still have Covington vs Masvidal as a 5 round co-main and have Burns vs Chimaev third from top. Then maybe a Belal Muhammad fight on there and open the PPV with something like Robbie Lawler vs Niko Price. Do an all Welterweight main card. I’d be well up for that and I think it’d really add something to the show knowing that the outcomes on the night could lead to different matchups being made, the title shot implications etc. Plus there’d be the added advantage of having options for backups if anyone got injured in the main event and so on. I think it’d be really cool and would give the card a bit of a different feel. 

Edited by wandshogun09