Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

pointless post really, but can anyone ever recall seeing a fighter put on so much weight after a fight as quickly as Paddy Pimblett? i saw posts about him wanting to do eating challengers and all sorts. I take it he wasnt lying.Ā 

FB_IMG_1632324221606.thumb.jpg.a4b539288d1f5ddd160bc1f4c9abc721.jpg

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

pointless post really, but can anyone ever recall seeing a fighter put on so much weight after a fight as quickly as Paddy Pimblett? i saw posts about him wanting to do eating challengers and all sorts. I take it he wasnt lying.Ā 

FB_IMG_1632324221606.thumb.jpg.a4b539288d1f5ddd160bc1f4c9abc721.jpg

Ā 

Ricky Hatton springs to mind.

Paddy has always had a huge rep in Liverpool as a drinker. I work with a guy who often works the doors in the city centre and he would see him all the time. Including in the weeks building up to fights. I think Covid and alot of places being shut the past year and half was probably great for him, health wise.

Ā 

I saw a video recently of a British big eater youtube guy Beardmeetsfood do the "Paddy Pimblett McDonalds order". Which was basically Ā£50 of burgers/selects/nuggets and full sugar cokes. Had clips of Pimblitt boasting "if I was not a MMA fighter, I'd be a diabetic". So as well as being a piss head, his favourite food is McDonalds. So all the rumours of him taking the piss with his training seem extremely believable.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

Uncle Dana and Oscar De La Hoya keeping it respectable as always...

UFC president Dana White and Oscar De La Hoya escalated their war of words over fighter pay on social media.

After De La Hoya criticized White on the topic following the conclusion of Alexander Volkanovski and Brian Ortegaā€™s war at UFC 266 on Saturday, White fired back by accusing the boxer of faking COVID-19, which forced him to withdraw from his return to the ring against Vitor Belfort.

On Monday, De La Hoya took to Instagram to respond to White, calling him ā€œpatheticā€ for downplaying the affects of COVID-19 and the impact itā€™s had on the country.

ā€œThatā€™s all you got Dana White? Youā€™re accusing me of FAKING a virus that killed almost 700,000 Americans to avoid a fight??ā€ De La Hoya wrote. ā€œYou pathetic piece of sh*t youā€™ve never even laced up the gloves. And you completely ignored my original point I made about UNDERPAYING YOUR FIGHTERS.ā€

White was quick to fire back, telling De La Hoya that heā€™s in no position to talk about fighter pay after the lone MMA event he promoted for Golden Boy in November 2018, which was headlined by a trilogy bout between Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell, who hadnā€™t competed in almost eight years. Ortiz made quick work of Liddell, taking him out in Round 1. The reported payouts were $250,000 for Liddell and $200,000 for Ortiz.

ā€œDonā€™t worry about Volkanovski you clown,ā€ White wrote. ā€œHe has a team of very intelligent, sophisticated people behind him and heā€™s clearly doing very well for himself. If he needs to buy an 8 ball then maybe he will reach out to you for some guidance. Itā€™s no secret youā€™re a liar, Ā drug addict, and all around scumbag. It doesnā€™t matter that you ā€˜laced up glovesā€™ and there is no doubt you accomplished big things in boxing. But out of the ring youā€™re an absolute f*cking loser.

ā€œWhen you were a one and done MMA promoter you lied about what Chuck and Tito would make and you paid everyone sh*t!! Not to mention you didnā€™t even take the time to learn the names of your fighters on the card. So f*ck off. Leave the fight promoting to me and do the whole world a favor and fight Vitor Belfort so we can all watch you go to sleep!!!ā€

Ā 

Edited by David