Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Think the Randy fight was on the cards around the time Bas was UFC champion actually. Seem to remember Bas doing an interview on an early Pride show saying something like he was going to fight Randy then he was hoping to come to Pride to face Rickson. 

I've been reading some old Observers from 1996 and have just found out that Igor Vovchanchyn was scheduled for UFC XI but they couldn't get him into the country over a Visa issue.  Him, potentially, versus a primitive Mark Coleman, four years before the Pride 2000 Grand Prix Finals, would've been an interesting fight at the time.

• Paid Members

Always seemed a good guy as well. Nice to see him getting out on his terms, and on a win as Carbomb says. He’s one of those guys like Wonderboy where you forget how old they are because they still look about 15. I’d never have had Jouban down as nearly a decade older than Conor McGregor. 

• Paid Members

Brunson and Till have been going back and forth on Twitter but it’s all been fairly lighthearted. There’s been talk of the UFC looking at doing a show in London though, so I kind of expected them to save Till for that but I’ll take this.

Paulo Costa vs Jared Cannonier is headlining the following week as well.

It’s all go with the fight announcements. The weirdest one I’ve seen though, is Islam Makhachev vs Thiago Moises on the July 17th card. Not a bad fight by any means but it just feels like yet another step sideways for Makhachev. Considering he was originally booked to main event a card against Dos Anjos in November, his climb hasn’t half stalled since that one fell through. I thought after how great he looked against Drew Dober in his last fight, that he’d definitely be getting a biggish fight next. Maybe rebooking that RDA fight or someone like Paul Felder. But no. It’s a bit odd. He seems ready for that next step up, and has done for a while, but they keep giving him these fights that aren’t really going to get him anywhere. 

Edited by wandshogun09