Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

16 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Fair enough, but it's not like this was on ESPN though or a mainstream channel. Only hardcore fans like us are watching that.

He wouldn't use that sort of delivery if he was talking to an audience of non fans.

He's an embarrassment in general. He's been making a fool of himself for over ten years now. One of his more memorable moments was this one:

Dana White, the volatile president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, is under fire after an obscenity-filled video blog was released Wednesday in which he took aim at women and homosexuals.

White also unleashed a verbal tirade against a female reporter from Sherdog.com in the video blog, which was posted for a time on the UFC's Web site. It has since been pulled from the site.

The rant was centered around a Sherdog.com article which White believed incorrectly told of his group's credentialing policies for the agents and managers of fighters. He called the Sherdog.com writer, Loretta Hunt, a "dumb bitch" among expletives, and termed the report "an absolutely [expletive] retarded story."

In Hunt's story, she wrote that Zuffa, the company that owns and operates promotions for the UFC and WEC, notified some fighter representatives that they will no longer receive credentials to sit with their clients backstage on fight night.

White used an anti-gay slur when referring to an anonymous source in Hunt's story on Sherdog.com, which is a partner of ESPN.com in the coverage of Mixed Martial Arts.

"I stand by the story," Hunt said in an e-mailed statement to ESPN.com. "It's accurate. I contacted the UFC in ample time for them to respond, clearly stating what the article would be about. They did not reply. Then, I went out of my way to find people that could possibly present Zuffa's side, which is included in the article."

Groups such as the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) have called for White to apologize for the tirade. He has not done so, according to a spokesman for the UFC, though a post from GLAAD spokesman Ted Rybka indicated that White will apologize on the UFC's YouTube site.

The above is from ESPN.com, by the way. 

He may not be saying those things directly to the main sports outlets, but he's the President of a billion dollar sports company. The main sports outlets pick it up.

It's fine for UFC fans to go "Oh, it's just Dana being Dana" but could you actually imagine the President of the NFL, NBA or English Premier League speaking about a reporter that way in a video simply for asking tough questions?

The guy is a fucking dinosaur and shouldn't be part of anything in 2021.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Petr Yan’s tweeted this.

Don’t know if there’s anything to it or if he’s just on the wind up but I’d love to see this fight. That Sterling rematch needs settling first but I don’t know what’s going on with Sterling’s neck. Hopefully he’s on the mend but if his comeback is gonna be delayed longer I’d be well up for Yan vs Dillashaw in the meantime and have Aljo face the winner in a unification match on his return. 

If that fight does happen I am assuming Yan defends his interim title......has there ever been a time a fighter has defended the interim belt? They usually win it and either they get promoted to become the main champ or the belt is unified against the current champ. I can't ever recall an interim title being defended. I'm sure it has happened but I can't remember.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Rashad and DC talking about the time they were scheduled to fight.

Weirdly I have no memory of this even though I was following back then as much as ever and definitely would’ve known about it at the time. Just looked it up and they were supposed to fight at UFC 170 in 2014, which was the Ronda Rousey vs Sara McMann card. Rashad got hurt and that’s when DC bashed up last minute replacement Pat Cummins.