Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I hope they never do Lawler vs Rory 3. For one Lawler is already 2-0. And the second fight is one of the best in not just UFC history but MMA history as a whole. They’re both still capable of fun fights with the right opponent but today’s versions of them will never come close to their last fight and if they do it’ll probably kill them at this stage.

Lawler vs Pettis is about the best fight for both outside the UFC.

As for Overeem, Sakakibara was asked and sounds up for Reem joining RIZIN and ending his career in Japan. D-Von, get the horse meat ready! 

52BC2D75-9834-41BF-8E5B-342AE3AD5AF8.gif

• Paid Members

It’s a longshot but I just thought, imagine Lawler vs Paul Daley? Like I said, unlikely unless Lawler ends up in Bellator and even then Daley’s close to retiring himself. But Christ, that’d be an explosive one even now. 

Japan sounds good as we would get the return of horsemeat Overeem. Him against a juiced up Cro Cop sounds good. 

I think the sad truth is that a show with a main event with a 'name' like Lawler makes no difference as to how much the UFC make, so they may as well have a cheaper fighter and make a few extra hundred thousand dollars per show. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Dai said:

Japan sounds good as we would get the return of horsemeat Overeem. Him against a juiced up Cro Cop sounds good.

Nah Cro Cop’s done. He had a stroke a while back. Plus the first fight with Overeem didn’t end well for Cro Cop. His balls got scrambled. 

58CFB971-D628-4FE5-9744-597C379A2CA8.jpeg

47AD417D-F9A4-4A83-9E67-8FD31F46EA56.jpeg

• Paid Members

Disappointed if that is Lawler done. Like @wandshogun09 says, they haven't matched him well for a while now and there have been a load of fun fights he could have had and could still have in the promotion. But yeah, this feels like a cost cutting measure.

The UFC don't seem interested in old guy fights unless the winner has a possibility of using it to rehab back to a ranked position. Once they have given the rub to two or three up and comers, they are moving these veteran fighters out the door. Rather than matching them against each other for a bit, which would help beef up cards and give some feel good factor with one of them winning. 

it's like the upcoming Sanchez Vs Cerrone fight. I still have interest in watching both men providing they are suitably paired up, and at least this way one of them is likely going to get a W. Much better than watching both lose against say Michael Chiesa and Neil Magny, where they would be completely overmatched at this stage, which seems to be the usual type of booking for the UFC these days. 

KO's and spinning back kicks in sub 2 minutes I get, but shit loads of arm triangle chokes and armbar finishes within 2 minutes is the strangest part of the record. One just says 'submission' after 34 seconds, and theres plenty of one minute armbar defeats. Impressive!

• Paid Members

I remember it happening, there was no way of seeing it though. Im not even sure if Strikeforce had a TV deal at that point. The main event was a huge deal at the time, but was massively anti-climatic.