Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

You'd hope his mum'd belt him round the ear and tell him to stop being so tick. Surely he'd listen to her, if no-one else?

The pro-wrestling fan part of me can't help but suspect in some very small way that this might be a work from him as a shot across the bows at the UFC, to say "Look, I can easily make my money elsewhere, pay me what I want."

I know that's likely to be bollocks, though.

• Paid Members

@Carbomb Funny you should bring that up because one of my first thoughts was "Conor going super knob is perfect for GSP".

While his behaviour here is uncouth and mad (and a bit funny, because of those two reasons), it's worth remembering he's yet to go full Jones or Tyson. I'm sure getting his arsed soundly battered by Ferguson will get him back down to earth and focus, similar to what happened when Nate beat him. Conor admitted being humbled like that helped him focus, because he was up his own arse after the Aldo win. Thing with Mayweather is he's got the out of "well, it wasn't real fighting" - no excuses when he's in there with a beast like Ferguson.

I hope, anyway. Be a shame if dAz is right.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

What a complete dickhead Conor was there. Between this and his actions at UFC Poland, it's not looking like his head is in a good place theae days, and his behaviour at the Bellator show was completely unacceptable.

He really should get a year's suspension for it. However I think he'll end up being treated pretty leniently, which may serve to encourage him more. If he does get a suspension though, that a lot of the main state athletic commissions in the U.S decide to uphold, then we could well see a Croke park event next year if the UFC are desperate enough to need him to fight.

• Paid Members

Thing is, now that GSP is back, whilst he's not as big a draw as McGregor, he's still a draw for them. They don't have to be afraid of losing McG, so can crack down on him properly. Don't misunderstand me: I rarely side with the UFC when it comes to the fighters, but McG is being a gobshite and needs slapping down back into decent behaviour.

• Paid Members
On 11/11/2017 at 2:58 PM, WeeAl said:

If he does get a suspension though, that a lot of the main state athletic commissions in the U.S decide to uphold, then we could well see a Croke park event next year if the UFC are desperate enough to need him to fight.

There's no way the ufc will put on an event with a suspended fighter considering those commissions overlook 99% of their business.

Personally, i can't stomach the guy now. I've been a huge fan of his and a big defender of his too in recent times, but this on top of Poland is indefensible.

He's just a brainless idiot it now seems.

Edited by lambyUK

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, jasmith85 said:

Thank you everyone I said this from the moment he entered the UFC. 

That doesn't mean we agreed with you back then. For me, he started off fine, and for the most part has been entertaining. He's turned into a prick, but it doesn't mean he was always like that.

• Paid Members

Exactly. Like I said on the previous page, he was really likeable early in his run. There's a different vibe to his trash talk these days. It used to be stuff like calling Dustin Poirier 'Pea Head', calling Cub Swanson 'Hans Moleman', talking about getting his first 50 G's, not just knocking them out but also predicting the rounds etc. There was some venom in some of his talk but it was mostly in good fun and entertaining. I guess the buildup to the Aldo fight is where it took a turn. I loved that buildup. But somewhere along the line he decided that just banging on about money and being a bit of a horrible twat was the way to go. Can't really argue too much, it's paid off. But I think he genuinely believes he's untouchable now and that's never ended well for any other fighter. He'll be buying himself a tiger next like Tyson did. 

• Paid Members

Mike Mazzulli was on the MMA Hour this week, and he said he was in contact with the UFC within two hours after the actions of McGregor on the Bellator show the other night. He claims they told him that McGregor was definitely going to be on the December 30th show, and that as a result of his behaviour, he will no longer be fighting on the card. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

Mike Mazzulli was on the MMA Hour this week, and he said he was in contact with the UFC within two hours after the actions of McGregor on the Bellator show the other night. He claims they told him that McGregor was definitely going to be on the December 30th show, and that as a result of his behaviour, he will no longer be fighting on the card. 

Sounds like bollocks to me. Why would they take him off the card for that? They need him more than he needs them.

Yeah it’s worth noting that the only commissions that can sanction him are those he recently fought in, or in whom he already has plans to fight. The commission involved with the Bellator event can’t do it; so either New York or Vegas have it down to their discretion whether action needs to be taken. I imagine this ‘well yeah, he was definitely going to main event that but we pulled him’ nonsense is a sop to NY and LV as if to say ‘sit back down fellas, we got this’.