Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Carlos Condit sparring a US military guy in Afghanistan in 2008...

And here’s Bisping with the context for the story...

I’d heard Bisping tell this story on his podcast before but I’d never seen the actual footage.

And here’s a team shot from the UFC boys on the trip...

51F18AC6-4C65-4A8C-8473-B127EBBEF465.jpeg

• Paid Members

A few years ago, I'd have been up for Condit vs. Masvidal. But now Condit's on a streak of five losses, I'd rather he retire instead of losing to that cock-end.

• Paid Members

Speaking of Masvidal, the Usman fight appears to be on hold based on Dana's comments to Okamoto yesterday. He didn't give any names away but it seems like Masvidal is going in another direction. You'd have to assume it's gonna be a big name fight if not Usman, but I'm scratching my head as to who. I keep coming back to Nate Diaz. 

• Paid Members

Mike Tyson meets Chute Boxe.

F9690574-4-F23-4-E54-A3-D5-F2-AE384-BA6-

Seriously, what’s going on? Is Tyson planning to fight again? I saw that video of him hitting pads the other day. Now he’s doing something with Rafael Cordeiro here. He’s looking more in shape than I’ve seen him in ages as well. Are we getting Tyson vs Holyfield 3 or is Dana going to bring him to Fight Island?

2020 is fucking weird. I don’t like it. 

20 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Mikes been talking doing exhibition "fights" lately. God knows who they would bring in for him to fight.

Let's hope not. We all remember what happened to the last used to be hated/now beloved US born former heavyweight champion who decided to partake in an exhibition fight.

yxw5gbu.gif

• Paid Members

Do you not think, maybe, there’s a chance that Mike feels like he can eat nails? Not snails. N-n-nails. At the end of the day, you might not understand now Dave. But you will when it’s over. Believe me. You will when it’s over. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Normally, I'd say he's biting off more than he can chew with Ngannou, what with the size and power differential, not to mention that his reach would be almost negated, but Big Francis has shown a fair bit of vulnerability against fighters with a complete, integrated game. Someone like Jones, with the fight IQ, natural talent, and frustrating elusiveness, I would rate more than most LHWs to have a chance against him. Against a canny operator like Miocic, not so sure.

That said - that power, though. It's amazing just how much difference it makes, not just in terms of the effect it has when it lands, but how much it limits an opponent's game, as a threat they always need to be keenly wary of. If Jones did face Ngannou and hold on for a sub or decision win, he has to be in with a shout for GOAT - that sort of feat would take nerves of fucking carbon steel.

• Paid Members

@Divorced Dad last I heard he was thinking about possibly coming back.

”I’m (going to be) honest with you. I’m 33 years old and I feel like I’ve got a couple more years in me. I just have to do it correctly this time. I was actually looking to go to American before this coronavirus (expletive) happened. To go there and train just to get the feeling again and change the environment. Can’t give a yes or a no, but I’m training and it feels good.

It’s a mental thing. I love to be at home and I feel very comfortable being at home around my kids, and I go to the gym. We have some really tough guys in the gym. But you train with the same guys too long and you start knowing what the guys are going to do. That’s why we’re looking – not even for a fight camp – just go out there to America and train.

I want to get tested again and get that feeling of being in deep waters. It motivates me a lot, too. It’s definitely a mental thing for me. I’m always prepared – my conditioning is always there and my strength, but it’s a mental thing. It’s not about age in this sport. I feel like I need to get out there in the deep waters again and test my skills against many guys and get better as a fighter, then see what’s next.”