Minor News & Random Shit

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

The answer is always Ricardo Arona for me. It comes up at least once a year, usually in the Past Fights thread and Arona is usually my answer. Yeah he’d have been toast once the Jon Jones era started but there was a couple of years there after Pride went tits up where Arona could’ve had a strong run. 

Matt Lindland is another "what if". Purely because the UFC didn't book him to fight Franklin or Anderson Silva in the mid-2000s. At the time, Lindland was most considered by many to be the best middleweight on the planet. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

I’d have liked to have seen those fights.

I guess the ultimate ‘what if’ is Rickson Gracie. What if he’d fought Sakuraba, Frank or Ken Shamrock, Bas Rutten? It’s another subject we’ve had multiple times on here though and between him pushing 40 by the time Pride was heating up and then his son dying at 18/19, he was done fighting when those guys were peaking. 

You could come up with tons if you really set your mind to it. 

- What if Fedor hadn't become complacent after the Cro Cop fight?

- What if Cain's prime wasn't cut short by injuries? 

- What if Jones had moved up to heavyweight a few years back? 

- What if Rogan hadn't helped along Schuab's media career? 

• Paid Members

• Paid Members

Yeah, the return of TRT Victor Gracie. It’s a shame we never got that 2013 version of Belfort vs Yoel Romero.

Whenever I think TRT Vitor, I’m reminded of this highlight;

Still, I’ve got a feeling the ship’s sailed. No matter what he’s on.

I saw recently that Wanderlei still wants a rematch as well. 

• Paid Members

Here’s a blast from the past. Michael Bisping vs Ross Pointon 1 from a Cage Warriors show in 2006, just before they both went on TUF 3 and had their rematch...

Ian Freeman doing the fighter intros. Marc Goddard still reffing even back then. Lots of talk about the upcoming TUF 3 tryouts. It’s a decent little 2 minute fight as well. Funny watching this now and knowing the mad journey Bisping’s career would take over the next decade.

Him and Ross Pointon made TUF 3 as well. Yeah the Tito vs Ken rivalry was the pull but without the 2 gobby Brits, the ‘back at the house’ stuff would’ve been cack.