General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Spot on, all of this. I can't see him carving a starting place at Bayern at all- he seems to be better suited to a free role, which he certainly won't have there. As you say, you look at Colombia and the rest of the team is built around him. He'd be better suited at a club (smaller?) where that can happen, but most clubs are instantly ruled out with his inflated wages after a number of high-profile transfers. Maybe one of the big Italian clubs would be suitable for him. Napoli perhaps?

Thought one of the Milan teams would have been all over that. Especially with  Italians being the King's of unorthodox loan deals. 

I agree he is the epitome of a high class luxury player. He doesn't offer enough to be an out and out forward but won't have the spit and steel required to play further back but let him play his position where everyone is built around him and he'll dazzle. Bit like Charlie Adam.

• Members
15 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Spurs have announced that they've now sold out of season tickets - 40,000. It'll be a decade or more now before I get offered one :(

I have heard rumblings about some sort of one-season only Wembley season ticket that might get offered to some members. I may go for that, but only if going to those games counts towards my loyalty points so I can get priority on buying tickets at the new gaff.

I'm very sad.

The one season passes have been confirmed by the club now. 

• Paid Members
On 10/07/2017 at 8:13 PM, westlondonmist said:

Oliver Ntcham is apparently joining Celtic from Man City. Basically spent his time at Genoa. Anybody know if he is any good or is this just a hit and hope signing? Some may have watched some Serie A and seen him. Genoa had the option to buy but obviously decided against. Is there any reason why?

On 10/07/2017 at 8:38 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

He was barely noticeable at Genoa, not really a regular starter but I don't recall him doing anything terrible. So he'll probably ace it in Scotland.

Celtic have done a grand job the last few years of picking up players and prepping them for moves to the Premier League. Forster, Hooper, Kayal, Wanyama, Van Dijk, Dembele, etc. Some failures but more than covered by the successes.

I particularly like their strategy of taking players out of contract in England for nothing. Dembele was ridiculously smart business. they'll hope the kid from Ipswich follows suit this summer.

• Paid Members

Tierney's a brilliant young talent but still very raw, a move to the PL this season might be a bit premature. Another season with us and some exposure in Europe then he'll move on, I reckon. It's obviously early in his career but he's arguably the best talent Celtic have developed in my lifetime(gtf if you dare say McGeady). For all of Rodger's flaws, you really have to admire they way he brings out the best in young players. Stuart Armstrong's another that's come on leaps and bounds in the last season.

KT's a diehard too, gotta a lotta love for that kid. 

I was disappointed to see some of the players leave that Rick mentioned up there.  Hooper in particular because I thought he had the chance to become a really well thought of player at Celtic but didn't really see him as being PL quality.

I'll be absolutely devastated when KT leaves though, proper boyhood dreams stuff and such a grounded and mature player for his age too.

Tierney is quality and have no doubt that someone like Southampton will come in for him next year. This season I think Armstrong will go and possibly Dembele, but I think it would be best to wait a year against Dembele. I also think McGregor has come on leaps and bounds this season but I think he would be best to stay at Celtic.

I should trust Rodgers, the players he has brought in have generally been good. I even think Toure was a good signing for the start of the season when the defence was leaky the previous season. As Rick says he can do good with young players so could get the guy scoring 10 goals.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Kurt Zouma of Chelsea is in talks with both WBA and Stoke about a season loan. hopefully he ends up at the hawthorns, seems decent 

Tony Pulis will be positively engorged in appendage if he signs up Happy. He hasn't been the same since his leg fell off the other year, but he's massive and can get his nut on it. Vital components for PulisBall. 

58 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Kurt Zouma of Chelsea is in talks with both WBA and Stoke about a season loan. hopefully he ends up at the hawthorns, seems decent 

Wouldn't get your hopes up about that, I can see Wolves trumping both clubs at the negotiating table

The Guardian and The Sun (among numerous others) are saying that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is likely to sign a new deal at Man United, as he is stunning the club's doctors with his recovery progress and is likely to be fit and ready to play by early October. Fucking hell.

Struggling to work out how this team is going to line up with all these star players (with star egos to match). Rumours of plays being made to sign Inter's Ivan Perisic and a bid being put together for Eric Dier as well.

United are going to be scary this season coming.

• Paid Members

#NotThisSummer

Though there would be something somewhat humorous in what may be your biggest season yet, losing Walker to Man City, Dier to United and Alli to Barcelona all in one window considering Ryan Sessegnon snubbed and decided to stay at Fulham, Joshua King would rather go to Everton and you're eyeing people like Soares and Demarai Gray to replace proven England internationals.

Archived