General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think this is the first time I'll be behind sacking a manager who's been successful for us, as it's actually happening (with hindsight, Ranieri and Mourinho #2 were the right calls). It's just not working. Conte's clearly not going to change, and doesn't particularly seem to want to stick around anyway, I love him but fuck him, make the change while there's still a good season to salvage. Uncle Guus deserves another crack at the Pitch-blamers anyway!

If Poois Enprique is the next permanent appointment I'm going to slit my rectum.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I think this is the first time I'll be behind sacking a manager who's been successful for us, as it's actually happening (with hindsight, Ranieri and Mourinho #2 were the right calls). It's just not working. Conte's clearly not going to change, and doesn't particularly seem to want to stick around anyway, I love him but fuck him, make the change while there's still a good season to salvage. Uncle Guus deserves another crack at the Pitch-blamers anyway!

If Poois Enprique is the next permanent appointment I'm going to slit my rectum.

Yeah, I've had enough of being reasonable too. We probably can't get anyone better in at the moment, but I'm bored to fuck of seeing right backs at left back, Eden Hazard up front and Tiemoue Bakayoko lumbering around the pitch like a brain damaged Ent. I really have found this the most mind-numbingly boring season in forever, and would welcome it being shaken up a bit. Obviously, Old Mother Guus is the man to do that... 

Farewell, you handsome devil:

BRYAN_FERRY_1996_1_C.jpg

• Paid Members

Bakayoko has been bloody awful hasn't he, perhaps you should've signed Fabinho instead. Or somebody that has a creative bone in his body to play in midfield every week. Two ball winners in front of a back three - although I know it worked for most of last season - doesn't seem like a great set-up to me.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Bakayoko has been bloody awful hasn't he, perhaps you should've signed Fabinho instead. Or somebody that has a creative bone in his body to play in midfield every week. Two ball winners in front of a back three - although I know it worked for most of last season - doesn't seem like a great set-up to me.

I can't think of a worse starter we've signed under Ambramovich (who's played for that long). Six months of utter uselessness. I'd take the incisive passing and thrilling attacking play of John Obi Miklel over that useless pillock every day of the week. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Wow, even worse than Asier del Horno? I remember the days when you spent ages trying to find capable full backs.

Similar level of atrocious. Also similar in that he had the first touch of a crippled donkey and is best remembered for being sent off.

Can I also say it's time to get Gary Cahill off to the glue factory. Flailing around like Beaker off the Muppets and seemingly intent on giving away scoring chances by the skinful every match. Thanks Gary, but you're patently done. Look forward to seeing him turn out for West Ham of West Brom next season. 

• Paid Members

In defence of Bakayoko, anyone who saw him the last season and a half with Monaco would agree that he should have been a fantastic signing as well as an upgrade on Matic in that he's more mobile working his way back and forth in midfield.

I think the problem with him this season is that he's been asked to play the same role as Matic in terms of hitting difficult passes, and that's not really his strength at all. A few games of trying and failing to do that and his confidence dropped off.

He's definitely worth persevering with, for me, but his role needs simplifying into more of a water carrier and with the playmaking crusts knocked off.

Bakayoko's 30 minutes last night was the worst I've seen from any Chelsea player ever and I can remember the early 80s. Even worse than Dave Beasant against Norwich in 1992 and he was sacked by Ian Porterfield after that match. First time I've cheered a sending off of one of my own players. 

I haven't abandoned Conte just yet but the writing is on the wall.  

Archived