General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lots of talk that Spurs are going to be signing Malcom for 40m plus 10m in add ons. If you believe the papers, Poch met with Malcolm and his people and said he'd help him to become one of the top players in the world within three years. Apparently, if it does happen, he will be coming in July. It's no Peter Crouch but we can't have it all. 

• Paid Members

Oh, Mr Danger...

Apparently we dropped out this week as we've turned our full attention to Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan. No way we were going to sign all three. Journos reckon we were put off by the £40m price tag for Malcolm, given his relative inexperience. Our new head of scouting (that we recently poached from Dortmund, hence the two big names we're trying to sign) tried to bring Malcolm to Dortmund last summer and has had his eye on him.

• Paid Members

Means nothing though.. look at Kagawa's stats before he joined United. There's something about moat Dortmund players being poorer after they leave. I can only think of Lewandowski who carried his form on.

• Members
3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I heard Arsenal were in for him too. Could be an interesting tug of war between the North London clubs with Malcolm in the middle.

As he walks in to sign his contract, Sanchez passes him on his way out, Arsene plaintively asks him "Alexis please. Let's not end it like this..." to which he replies "You're not the boss of me now" and walks into the sunset... (I'll get me coat)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Murtz said:

Means nothing though.. look at Kagawa's stats before he joined United. There's something about moat Dortmund players being poorer after they leave. I can only think of Lewandowski who carried his form on.

Hummels, although it took him a while to settle in.

Suspected broken fibia and tibula for James McCarthy, who recently broke back into the Everton team after missing almost a year of football. Seamus Coleman still weeks if not months away from a return after breaking his leg in March.

Darron Gibson, Stephen Ireland and Alan Judge other talented players who've had their prime years ruined by injury; the latter just after making his Intl debut and when right on the cusp of securing a Premier League move.

Robbie Brady and Jon Walters will have missed a years worth of football this season when all is said and done. Stephen Ward, yet another Burnley player, out for a month and counting.

Highly rated young players Callum O'Dowda and Sean Maguire out for several months right when they were finding their stride in the Championship.

Jonny Hayes finally gets a run of form for Celtic and breaks his leg pretty much straight away.

Luck of the Irish, eh?

We are being fucking decimated by injuries.

I could easily name a 23 man squad of some of our best players who've been out for months/years at a time over the last two seasons alone.

Sickened for McCarthy. He'll be lucky to play International ball again. :(

On 19/01/2018 at 3:08 PM, Cod Eye said:

Any Forest fans on here?

Barnsley have just signed former Forest full back Dani Pinillos and just wondered if he was any good?

Not a Forest fan as such but an avid watcher due to family connections. 

I watched him last year against Derby when he scored a dramatic late goal to get a point at the City Ground. I was surprised when they let him go but I think it was budgetary reasons. He's solid enough for Championship level and looked like he gave a shit when he played. 

Archived