Bellator 180: Chael vs Wandy

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It depends on what you like. Bellator 180 is the better show.  UFC 213 is the better fight card. 

I haven't followed the build-up. I didn't feel like I needed to. The names sell themselves. A Meathead victory aside; I can live with the results. My expectations for Wand vs Sonnen are pretty low. I am expecting a nostalgic spectacle, not the 2nd coming of Griffin vs Guida. If Pico has half the potential that some are suggesting he has, then his debut will have historic value. The other two main card fights should be fun. It'll also be weird seeing Goldie on an MMA broadcast that isn't the UFC. 

There's no boxing this weekend that I am aware of; so this is my fight fix. Bring it on. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Name value-wise it's strong, but come on, three out of the 4 in the main are definitely well past it. I'm very excited by it, but it's definitely not as strong as the best UFC has offered.

nope, not even close. Just my personal favorite.

• Paid Members

You and me both man. I bet Wanderlei gets caught tonight and spends an evening murdering people in a NYC drunk tank for that time he jumped the queue ahead of me at Busch Gardens. 

• Paid Members

To be fair, Chael's just as likely as Wanderlei to get popped given his track record. More likely probably because Wand turns into the Running Man when the piss cups show up. 

Let's fucking face it, at least one of them is going to fail the test. If not both of them. I just hope it's after the fight so we at least finally get to see it and put it to bed. Just stall the testers for another 24 or so hours and we're good. 

• Paid Members

Well they've weighed in. So at this point, other than one of them falling out of bed tonight and banging their head or tripping up the steps on the way into the cage or something...the fight is actually happening. 

Oh and they actually used the scales from the first Ali vs Frazier fight! I love shit like that. 

Pretty cool. 

xM4Rc.jpg 

But wait...

QcXl8.jpg

Is anywhere fucking safe? 

• Paid Members

The bloody state of it too.

I guess my main interest in the fights are how much the old guard have deteriorated. Chael couldn't have looked much worse in his debut, if he loses here and badly, he's talked about retiring. It's a good test for old Chael P, because if he's not getting past this version of Wand, then we know for sure where he's at now.
Fedor is going to get mauled and it will be really sad.

• Paid Members

Wand certainly looked a lot more normal body wise on the scales than ever before. I mean, still in really good shape for a guy pushing 40 but he's definitely softer than I've ever seen him before. 

I think Chael looks a bit better than he did for the Tito fight. 

image.jpg

• Paid Members

As weigh in pictures go, that's one that would make me hesitate over putting money down on Silva. Chael is looking pretty damn good there whilst Wanderlei looks closer to 50 than 40. Fighting wars for decades doesn't do much good for the ageing process. Once the bell rings though god knows what will happen in this one. It depends where both their heads are at.

• Paid Members

Yeah, if weigh in pictures meant a lot then Hunt vs Kongo shouldn't have ended how it did! 

James Gallagher looked a bit of a div at the weigh in, I thought. Complete Conor McGregor wannabe. You could tell he was actively trying to be like McGregor with the way he walked, the scream on the scales then the aggressive staredown with the hands up high. He even has a crap chest tattoo, for fuck's sake. He'd probably have grown a beard if he wasn't 12. 

Seriously, he seems like a good prospect and someone worth keeping an eye on but get your own style and be yourself. 

Chinzo Machida didn't look impressed at all with the staredown. Looked like it fired him up and he gave a look into the camera as he was leaving the stage as if to say 'little shit's got it coming'. 

Archived